X2Go Bug report logs - #1072
X2Go Client: top 24 pixels in fullscreen session do not respond to mouse clicks

version graph

Package: x2goclient; Maintainer for x2goclient is X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>; Source for x2goclient is src:x2goclient.

Reported by: Chris Martin <cmart.cyverse@gmail.com>

Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 03:30:02 UTC

Severity: normal

Found in version 4.0.5.1

Reply or subscribe to this bug.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>:
Bug#1072; Package x2goclient. (Sat, 13 Aug 2016 03:30:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Acknowledgement sent to Chris Martin <cmart.cyverse@gmail.com>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>. (Sat, 13 Aug 2016 03:30:03 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Message #5 received at submit@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox, reply):

From: Chris Martin <cmart.cyverse@gmail.com>
To: submit@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: X2Go Client: top 24 pixels in fullscreen session do not respond to mouse clicks
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 20:27:00 -0700
Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.5.1

I am trying to start a full screen X2Go session which 1. takes up the
entire display, and 2. responds to my mouse clicks everywhere in the
session, but cannot accomplish this with any combination of settings.

Client OS: Debian Jessie / 8 / Stable, GNOME 3 desktop environment
Client X2Go Client: 4.0.5.1 and 4.0.3.1
Server OS: Xubuntu 16.04 LTS
Server x2goserver version: 4.0.1.19
Server x2goserver-xsession version: 4.0.1.19

When I choose "fullscreen", I get different behavior intermittently:

1. The client spawns across the entire screen but the *top panel inside
the X2Go session* does not respond to any mouse clicks. I suspect the
panel in my GNOME session running the X2Go client (which occupies the
same pixels behind the panel inside the X2Go session) is stealing mouse
focus. My mouse pointer turns black instead of white when I hover over
the top 24 pixels or so, inside the X2Go session.

2. The client spawns what I would call a "maximized window". The top of
the screen is still consumed by the title bar of the X2Go window, and
the panel of the enclosing GNOME session in which the X2Go client is
running.

I have observed both cases 1 (most common) and 2 with X2Go Client
4.0.5.1, and only case 1 with X2Go client 4.0.3.1.

When I choose "Display 1" in the Input/Output settings, the X2Go session
displays only in the upper-left quadrant of my display; the rest of the
screen is black.

Thank you,

Chris Martin


Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>:
Bug#1072; Package x2goclient. (Fri, 26 Aug 2016 08:25:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Acknowledgement sent to uli42@gmx.de:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>. (Fri, 26 Aug 2016 08:25:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Message #10 received at 1072@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox, reply):

From: Ulrich Sibiller <ulrich.sibiller@gmail.com>
To: Chris Martin <cmart.cyverse@gmail.com>, 1072@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1072: X2Go Client: top 24 pixels in fullscreen session do not respond to mouse clicks
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 10:22:45 +0200
On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 5:27 AM, Chris Martin <cmart.cyverse@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I choose "fullscreen", I get different behavior intermittently:
>
> 1. The client spawns across the entire screen but the *top panel inside
> the X2Go session* does not respond to any mouse clicks. I suspect the
> panel in my GNOME session running the X2Go client (which occupies the
> same pixels behind the panel inside the X2Go session) is stealing mouse
> focus. My mouse pointer turns black instead of white when I hover over
> the top 24 pixels or so, inside the X2Go session.
>
> 2. The client spawns what I would call a "maximized window". The top of
> the screen is still consumed by the title bar of the X2Go window, and
> the panel of the enclosing GNOME session in which the X2Go client is
> running.

Does pressing CTRL-ALT-F within the session help?

> I have observed both cases 1 (most common) and 2 with X2Go Client
> 4.0.5.1, and only case 1 with X2Go client 4.0.3.1.
>
> When I choose "Display 1" in the Input/Output settings, the X2Go session
> displays only in the upper-left quadrant of my display; the rest of the
> screen is black.

Uli


Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>:
Bug#1072; Package x2goclient. (Tue, 11 Oct 2016 07:10:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Acknowledgement sent to Jason Heeris <jason.heeris@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>. (Tue, 11 Oct 2016 07:10:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Message #15 received at 1072@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox, reply):

From: Jason Heeris <jason.heeris@gmail.com>
To: 1072@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: X2Go Client: top 24 pixels in fullscreen session do not respond to mouse clicks
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 18:08:56 +1100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
I use Gnome 3 on my client, and run XFCE on the server. I have the same
problem: even when run fullscreen (launched fullscreen), an area at the top
of the screen corresponding to the *client's* Gnome 3 bar does not respond
to clicks. I have my server's XFCE menu on the left, so this means window
decorations and title bars, as well as a bit of the top of the menu, are
unresponsive.

Toggling full screen with ctrl-alt-f (off and on again) doesn't help. I
also see the black/white cursor problem described.

Client: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS, x2goclient 4.0.5.2-0~1205~ubuntu16.04.1 (from
PPA), Gnome 3.18
Server: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS, x2goserver 4.0.1.19-0~1064~ubuntu14.04.1 (from
PPA), XFCE 4.10.1-3ubuntu5

- Jason
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>:
Bug#1072; Package x2goclient. (Tue, 09 Feb 2021 14:05:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Acknowledgement sent to Sylvain Cuaz <sylvain@ilm-informatique.fr>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>. (Tue, 09 Feb 2021 14:05:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Message #20 received at 1072@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox, reply):

From: Sylvain Cuaz <sylvain@ilm-informatique.fr>
To: 1072@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1072: X2Go Client: top 24 pixels in fullscreen session do not respond to mouse clicks
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 15:02:10 +0100
Hi,

This is still a problem on Ubuntu 20.04 with X2Go Client 4.1.2.2 connecting to XFCE through 
x2goserver 4.1.0.4-0~1914~ubuntu16.04.1

If I put both my local gnome panel and the remote XFCE panel at the top, then the top pixels in 
remote desktop cannot be clicked (tool tips work).

If I put my local gnome panel to the left, then only the top left corner pixels of the remote top 
panel have the problem (which is where they intersect).

If I switch my local desktop environment to XFCE, no matter where I put the panels, it always work.

Cheers.


Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>:
Bug#1072; Package x2goclient. (Tue, 09 Feb 2021 16:05:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Acknowledgement sent to uli42@gmx.de:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>. (Tue, 09 Feb 2021 16:05:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Message #25 received at 1072@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox, reply):

From: Ulrich Sibiller <ulrich.sibiller@gmail.com>
To: Sylvain Cuaz <sylvain@ilm-informatique.fr>, 1072@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1072: Bug#1072: X2Go Client: top 24 pixels in fullscreen session do not respond to mouse clicks
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 17:03:35 +0100
can you please post a screenshot of that situation where it does not
work? I don't really get what you mean by "If I put both my local
gnome panel and the remote XFCE panel at the top".

Uli

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 3:05 PM Sylvain Cuaz <sylvain@ilm-informatique.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is still a problem on Ubuntu 20.04 with X2Go Client 4.1.2.2 connecting to XFCE through
> x2goserver 4.1.0.4-0~1914~ubuntu16.04.1
>
> If I put both my local gnome panel and the remote XFCE panel at the top, then the top pixels in
> remote desktop cannot be clicked (tool tips work).
>
> If I put my local gnome panel to the left, then only the top left corner pixels of the remote top
> panel have the problem (which is where they intersect).
>
> If I switch my local desktop environment to XFCE, no matter where I put the panels, it always work.
>
> Cheers.
> _______________________________________________
> x2go-dev mailing list
> x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org
> https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev


Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>:
Bug#1072; Package x2goclient. (Tue, 09 Feb 2021 16:35:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Acknowledgement sent to Sylvain Cuaz <sylvain@ilm-informatique.fr>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>. (Tue, 09 Feb 2021 16:35:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Message #30 received at 1072@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox, reply):

From: Sylvain Cuaz <sylvain@ilm-informatique.fr>
To: uli42@gmx.de, 1072@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1072: Bug#1072: X2Go Client: top 24 pixels in fullscreen session do not respond to mouse clicks
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 17:31:39 +0100
Le 09/02/2021 à 17:03, Ulrich Sibiller a écrit :
> can you please post a screenshot of that situation where it does not
> work? I don't really get what you mean by "If I put both my local
> gnome panel and the remote XFCE panel at the top".

I mean on my local session (where I launch x2go client), I have a gnome panel at the top of my 
screen (the default)

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu#/media/File:Ubuntu_20.10_Groovy_Gorilla_Desktop.png

Then I launch x2go client and switch to full screen.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/jaK2z.png

The top pixels in the remote session inside x2go cannot be interacted with. Presumably because even 
though I can't see any pixels of my local gnome session, the clicks inside x2go aren't grabbed by 
x2go but rather by my local session. I.e. I cannot click on the application menu nor switch windows 
using the top panel. This a full screen bug, in windowed mode, the remote XFCE panel can be clicked.


If on the other hand there's no gnome panel underneath the full screen x2go (e.g. my local gnome 
panel is on my right screen, my remote XFCE panel is on the left screen) then I can interact fine.

Or I as said if my local desktop environment is XFCE then it always work no matter where are any panels.

HTH


Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>:
Bug#1072; Package x2goclient. (Tue, 09 Feb 2021 16:55:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Acknowledgement sent to Ulrich Sibiller <uli42@gmx.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>. (Tue, 09 Feb 2021 16:55:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Message #35 received at 1072@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox, reply):

From: Ulrich Sibiller <uli42@gmx.de>
To: Sylvain Cuaz <sylvain@ilm-informatique.fr>
Cc: 1072@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1072: Bug#1072: X2Go Client: top 24 pixels in fullscreen session do not respond to mouse clicks
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 17:50:59 +0100
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
How are you switching to fullscreen? In the default keyboard configuration
there's ctrl+alt+f and ctrl+alt+Shift+f. Can you please check if that
problem show with both. Also note the nxagent 3.5-99.25 is buggy regarding
full screen, so maybe you should try updating tie the freshly released
3.5.99.26.

Uli

Sylvain Cuaz <sylvain@ilm-informatique.fr> schrieb am Di., 9. Feb. 2021,
17:31:

> Le 09/02/2021 à 17:03, Ulrich Sibiller a écrit :
> > can you please post a screenshot of that situation where it does not
> > work? I don't really get what you mean by "If I put both my local
> > gnome panel and the remote XFCE panel at the top".
>
> I mean on my local session (where I launch x2go client), I have a gnome
> panel at the top of my
> screen (the default)
>
>
> https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu#/media/File:Ubuntu_20.10_Groovy_Gorilla_Desktop.png
>
> Then I launch x2go client and switch to full screen.
>
> https://i.stack.imgur.com/jaK2z.png
>
> The top pixels in the remote session inside x2go cannot be interacted
> with. Presumably because even
> though I can't see any pixels of my local gnome session, the clicks inside
> x2go aren't grabbed by
> x2go but rather by my local session. I.e. I cannot click on the
> application menu nor switch windows
> using the top panel. This a full screen bug, in windowed mode, the remote
> XFCE panel can be clicked.
>
>
> If on the other hand there's no gnome panel underneath the full screen
> x2go (e.g. my local gnome
> panel is on my right screen, my remote XFCE panel is on the left screen)
> then I can interact fine.
>
> Or I as said if my local desktop environment is XFCE then it always work
> no matter where are any panels.
>
> HTH
>
>
[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


X2Go Developers <owner@bugs.x2go.org>. Last modified: Sun Nov 27 15:04:22 2022; Machine Name: ymir.das-netzwerkteam.de

X2Go Bug tracking system

Debbugs is free software and licensed under the terms of the GNU Public License version 2. The current version can be obtained from https://bugs.debian.org/debbugs-source/.

Copyright © 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson, 2005-2017 Don Armstrong, and many other contributors.