X2Go Bug report logs - #1446
Domain name issues with client when using HTTP broker

version graph

Package: x2goclient; Maintainer for x2goclient is X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>; Source for x2goclient is src:x2goclient.

Reported by: Mark Hymers <mark.hymers@ynic.york.ac.uk>

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 20:05:03 UTC

Severity: normal

Found in version

Full log

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox, reply):

Received: (at submit) by bugs.x2go.org; 19 Mar 2020 20:03:07 +0000
From mark.hymers@ynic.york.ac.uk  Thu Mar 19 21:03:02 2020
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.2 (2018-09-13) on
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.0 required=3.0 tests=BAYES_00,DKIM_SIGNED,
	autolearn_force=no version=3.4.2
Received: from niext001.ynic.york.ac.uk (niext001.ynic.york.ac.uk [])
	by ymir.das-netzwerkteam.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 273465DAE9
	for <submit@bugs.x2go.org>; Thu, 19 Mar 2020 21:03:01 +0100 (CET)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed;
	d=ynic.york.ac.uk; s=2016070700; h=Content-Type:MIME-Version:Date:Message-ID:
	bh=mJTW2nlNYnhxc/d/Ix7sq9HgCJL7QuAGbniQfoD3ksU=; b=uBE4/6PTzq5hSF6o652EQ9cIWb
Received: from []
	by niext001.ynic.york.ac.uk with esmtpsa (TLS1.3:ECDHE_RSA_AES_128_GCM_SHA256:128)
	(Exim 4.92)
	(envelope-from <mark.hymers@ynic.york.ac.uk>)
	id 1jF1Nc-0002WZ-JM
	for submit@bugs.x2go.org; Thu, 19 Mar 2020 20:03:00 +0000
From: Mark Hymers <mark.hymers@ynic.york.ac.uk>
Subject: Domain name issues with client when using HTTP broker
To: submit@bugs.x2go.org
Message-ID: <1396d649-56c6-b3f3-b7eb-7b73024ac614@ynic.york.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 20:03:00 +0000
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
Content-Language: en-US
X-Authenticated-Sender: uid=mark
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Package: x2goclient


We have an x2go deployment using the HTTP broker and multiple backend 
x2go servers.

We have found that if users use, when sessions are resumed the 
system tries to connect to the hostname without the domainname attached. 
  I.e. system1 instead of system1.example.org.  This is not a problem 
with or earlier client releases (no server changes were made).

I have tracked this down to a change in session handling in 
resumeSession in src/httpbrokerclient.cpp.

In this function, config->serverIp is set to server which, at this point 
only contains the hostname, not the FQDN.  config->serverIp has already 
been set at this point by the parseSession function on line 700 (current 
git HEAD):


This version of config->serverIp is the proper FQDN.

To fix this, I just removed the overriding of serverIp in the 
resumeSession function (see attached patch) but I'm not sure if this is 
fully correct; presumably there was a reason for setting it in 



Mark Hymers, Lecturer in Neuroimaging Methods
York NeuroImaging Centre and Department of Psychology
University of York, UK

Please note that my email address is: mark.hymers@ynic.york.ac.uk
Responses to messages sent to other addresses may be delayed

[x2goclient_fix_server_name.diff (text/x-patch, attachment)]

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.

X2Go Developers <owner@bugs.x2go.org>. Last modified: Mon Jun 27 12:29:15 2022; Machine Name: ymir.das-netzwerkteam.de

X2Go Bug tracking system

Debbugs is free software and licensed under the terms of the GNU Public License version 2. The current version can be obtained from https://bugs.debian.org/debbugs-source/.

Copyright © 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson, 2005-2017 Don Armstrong, and many other contributors.