X2Go Bug report logs - #885
Keyboard layout messed when connecting from Mac to Linux

version graph

Package: x2goclient; Maintainer for x2goclient is X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>; Source for x2goclient is src:x2goclient.

Reported by: Bravo Echo <be20pin@gmail.com>

Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 06:20:01 UTC

Severity: normal

Found in version 4.0.4.1

Reply or subscribe to this bug.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>:
Bug#885; Package x2goclient. (Thu, 11 Jun 2015 06:20:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Bravo Echo <be20pin@gmail.com>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>. (Thu, 11 Jun 2015 06:20:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Bravo Echo <be20pin@gmail.com>
To: submit@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Keyboard layout messed when connecting from Mac to Linux
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 23:16:36 -0700
Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.4.1

When connecting to x2go server version 4.0.1.19 running on RHEL6
machine from Mac OS X version 10.10.3, the keyboard layout is
completely messed up.
Tried x2goclient (3.99.2.1) from a Debian Wheezy machine  keyboard works fine.
Tried x2goclient (3.99.2.1) from Mac OS X, again keyboard layout is
completely messed up.

Thanks
BE


Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>:
Bug#885; Package x2goclient. (Thu, 11 Jun 2015 09:40:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Mihai Moldovan <ionic@ionic.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>. (Thu, 11 Jun 2015 09:40:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 885@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mihai Moldovan <ionic@ionic.de>
To: Bravo Echo <be20pin@gmail.com>, 885@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Keyboard layout messed when connecting from Mac to Linux
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 11:35:31 +0200
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
On 11.06.2015 08:16 AM, Bravo Echo wrote:
> Package: x2goclient
> Version: 4.0.4.1
> 
> When connecting to x2go server version 4.0.1.19 running on RHEL6
> machine from Mac OS X version 10.10.3, the keyboard layout is
> completely messed up.

Is the Kerberos/GSSAPI option enabled?



Mihai


[signature.asc (application/pgp-signature, attachment)]

Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>:
Bug#885; Package x2goclient. (Fri, 12 Jun 2015 04:35:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Bravo Echo <be20pin@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>. (Fri, 12 Jun 2015 04:35:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #15 received at 885@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Bravo Echo <be20pin@gmail.com>
To: Mihai Moldovan <ionic@ionic.de>
Cc: 885@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Keyboard layout messed when connecting from Mac to Linux
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 21:32:12 -0700
No Kerberos/GSSAPI option set.


On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 2:35 AM, Mihai Moldovan <ionic@ionic.de> wrote:
> On 11.06.2015 08:16 AM, Bravo Echo wrote:
>> Package: x2goclient
>> Version: 4.0.4.1
>>
>> When connecting to x2go server version 4.0.1.19 running on RHEL6
>> machine from Mac OS X version 10.10.3, the keyboard layout is
>> completely messed up.
>
> Is the Kerberos/GSSAPI option enabled?
>
>
>
> Mihai
>
>


Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>:
Bug#885; Package x2goclient. (Fri, 12 Jun 2015 04:55:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Bravo Echo <be20pin@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>. (Fri, 12 Jun 2015 04:55:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #20 received at 885@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Bravo Echo <be20pin@gmail.com>
To: Mihai Moldovan <ionic@ionic.de>
Cc: 885@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Keyboard layout messed when connecting from Mac to Linux
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 21:52:48 -0700
More info: The remote machine has Gnome 2.28.2
When I tried a KDE session, the keyboard just works fine.
The keyboard is only messed up when connecting to a Gnome session
(with the remote machine having gnome 2.28.2)

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 9:32 PM, Bravo Echo <be20pin@gmail.com> wrote:
> No Kerberos/GSSAPI option set.
>
>
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 2:35 AM, Mihai Moldovan <ionic@ionic.de> wrote:
>> On 11.06.2015 08:16 AM, Bravo Echo wrote:
>>> Package: x2goclient
>>> Version: 4.0.4.1
>>>
>>> When connecting to x2go server version 4.0.1.19 running on RHEL6
>>> machine from Mac OS X version 10.10.3, the keyboard layout is
>>> completely messed up.
>>
>> Is the Kerberos/GSSAPI option enabled?
>>
>>
>>
>> Mihai
>>
>>


Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>:
Bug#885; Package x2goclient. (Fri, 12 Jun 2015 07:50:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Ulrich Sibiller <uli42@gmx.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>. (Fri, 12 Jun 2015 07:50:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #25 received at 885@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Ulrich Sibiller <uli42@gmx.de>
To: Bravo Echo <be20pin@gmail.com>, 885@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#885: Keyboard layout messed when connecting from Mac to Linux
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:48:39 +0200
On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 6:52 AM, Bravo Echo <be20pin@gmail.com> wrote:
> More info: The remote machine has Gnome 2.28.2
> When I tried a KDE session, the keyboard just works fine.
> The keyboard is only messed up when connecting to a Gnome session
> (with the remote machine having gnome 2.28.2)

I have seen this before. THis happens if you played with the keyboard
settings in Gnome in the past. Please retry with a clean gnome
profile.

Uli


Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


X2Go Developers <owner@bugs.x2go.org>. Last modified: Wed Dec 12 16:42:38 2018; Machine Name: ymir.das-netzwerkteam.de

X2Go Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.