X2Go Bug report logs - #332
handle session suspension/termination via x2gocleansessions

version graph

Package: x2goserver; Maintainer for x2goserver is X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.x2go.org>; Source for x2goserver is src:x2goserver.

Reported by: Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>

Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 19:18:01 UTC

Severity: wishlist

Tags: rpm-packages

Found in version 4.0.1.6

Reply or subscribe to this bug.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>:
Bug#332; Package x2goserver. (Thu, 24 Oct 2013 19:18:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>:
New Bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>. (Thu, 24 Oct 2013 19:18:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #5 received at submit@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>
To: submit@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#93: x2goagent should create /tmp/.X11-unix directory
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:08:27 -0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.6

I am experiencing bug #93, which shows "Bug archived" at 
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=93 since Mon, 04 Feb 2013 
06:24:01 GMT.

I am running a Linode virtual private server with a minimal CentOS 6.4 
installation.  It did not have /tmp/.X11-unix by default.

I installed x2goserver via the x2go repo;

wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/x2go.repo 
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/RemoteDesktop:/x2go/RHEL_6/X11:RemoteDesktop:x2go.repo

# rpm -qa | grep x2go
x2goagent-3.5.0.20-4.1.x86_64
x2goserver-4.0.1.6-1.1.x86_64

X2goclient sessions would hang and the server side message was;
# cat clients
_XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be 
created.
_XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: mkdir(/tmp/.X11-unix) failed, errno = 2
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for local

I had to create /tmp/.X11-unix manually, or log in as the root user via 
x2goclient to solve the problem.  With /tmp/.X11-unix created, the non 
root user's can now log in with x2goclient running on Windows XP/7 and 
Debian.

[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>:
Bug#332; Package x2goserver. (Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:48:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>. (Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:48:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #10 received at 332@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>
To: jengelh@inai.de, 332@bugs.x2go.org
Cc: control@bugs.x2go.org, 332-submitter@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: RPM issue of the OSBD queues
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:41:03 +0000
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
tag #332 rpm-packages
thanks

Hi Jan,

can you take a look at issue #332 in X2Go BTS. Obviously, you should  
add something to the RPM package's init script of X2Go Server that  
resembles this [1].

Thanks,
Mike

[1]  
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=blobdiff;f=debian/x2goserver.init;h=5ae86e4832e3f4c497cc238510aa26375d9bcfd3;hp=b56a4cb5898bdf805b533d153a54fd138e06f9b9;hb=b3d9404c654c051875a1f3abcbd3ff81aa6780b7;hpb=d7f10874cafc3113afe50d0e109f084533aace3f


-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-keys, inline)]
[Message part 3 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Added tag(s) rpm-packages. Request was from Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> to control@bugs.x2go.org. (Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:48:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message sent on to Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>:
Bug#332. (Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:48:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>:
Bug#332; Package x2goserver. (Fri, 25 Oct 2013 11:33:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>. (Fri, 25 Oct 2013 11:33:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #20 received at 332@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>
To: Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>
Cc: 332@bugs.x2go.org, control@bugs.x2go.org, 332-submitter@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: RPM issue of the OSBD queues
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 13:23:09 +0200 (CEST)
On Friday 2013-10-25 12:41, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>
> can you take a look at issue #332 in X2Go BTS. Obviously, you should add
> something to the RPM package's init script of X2Go Server that resembles this
> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=blobdiff;f=debian/x2goserver.init;h=5ae86e4832e3f4c497cc238510aa26375d9bcfd3;hp=b56a4cb5898bdf805b533d153a54fd138e06f9b9;hb=b3d9404c654c051875a1f3abcbd3ff81aa6780b7;hpb=d7f10874cafc3113afe50d0e109f084533aace3f

The init script is already whatever was in debian/x2goserver.init.


Message sent on to Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>:
Bug#332. (Fri, 25 Oct 2013 11:33:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>:
Bug#332; Package x2goserver. (Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:03:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>. (Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:03:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #28 received at 332@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>
To: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>, 332-quiet@bugs.x2go.org, Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>
Cc: 332@bugs.x2go.org, control@bugs.x2go.org, 332-submitter@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: Bug#332: RPM issue of the OSBD queues
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:43:16 -0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
I have this in /etc/rc.d/rc.local on CentOS v6.4 64bit, so that after a 
reboot, x2goclient can still connect to the server;

/bin/mkdir -m 1777 /tmp/.X11-unix




On 10/25/2013 07:23 AM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> On Friday 2013-10-25 12:41, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>> can you take a look at issue #332 in X2Go BTS. Obviously, you should add
>> something to the RPM package's init script of X2Go Server that resembles this
>> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=blobdiff;f=debian/x2goserver.init;h=5ae86e4832e3f4c497cc238510aa26375d9bcfd3;hp=b56a4cb5898bdf805b533d153a54fd138e06f9b9;hb=b3d9404c654c051875a1f3abcbd3ff81aa6780b7;hpb=d7f10874cafc3113afe50d0e109f084533aace3f
> The init script is already whatever was in debian/x2goserver.init.
>
>

[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Acknowledgement sent to Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>:
Extra info received and filed, but not forwarded. (Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:03:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message sent on to Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>:
Bug#332. (Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:03:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>:
Bug#332; Package x2goserver. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:33:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:33:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #39 received at 332@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>
To: Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>
Cc: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>, 332-quiet@bugs.x2go.org, 332@bugs.x2go.org, control@bugs.x2go.org, 332-submitter@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: Bug#332: RPM issue of the OSBD queues
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:21:22 +0000
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi Frank,

On  Fr 25 Okt 2013 15:43:16 CEST, Frank Warnke wrote:

> On 10/25/2013 07:23 AM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>> On Friday 2013-10-25 12:41, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>>> can you take a look at issue #332 in X2Go BTS. Obviously, you should add
>>> something to the RPM package's init script of X2Go Server that  
>>> resembles this
>>> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=blobdiff;f=debian/x2goserver.init;h=5ae86e4832e3f4c497cc238510aa26375d9bcfd3;hp=b56a4cb5898bdf805b533d153a54fd138e06f9b9;hb=b3d9404c654c051875a1f3abcbd3ff81aa6780b7;hpb=d7f10874cafc3113afe50d0e109f084533aace3f
>> The init script is already whatever was in debian/x2goserver.init.
>>
>>

> I have this in /etc/rc.d/rc.local on CentOS v6.4 64bit, so that  
> after a reboot, x2goclient can still connect to the server;
>
> /bin/mkdir -m 1777 /tmp/.X11-unix
>

As Jan stated, there should be an init script for X2Go Server. The  
script launches /usr/sbin/x2gocleansessions. It also should handled  
the /tmp/.X11-unix directory. Can you please check if that script is  
in place? Can you also check, why it does not work on your system?  
Thanks.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-keys, inline)]
[Message part 3 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Acknowledgement sent to Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>:
Extra info received and filed, but not forwarded. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:33:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message sent on to Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>:
Bug#332. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:33:04 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>:
Bug#332; Package x2goserver. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:03:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:03:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #50 received at 332@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>
To: Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>
Cc: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>, 332-quiet@bugs.x2go.org, 332@bugs.x2go.org, control@bugs.x2go.org, 332-submitter@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: Bug#332: RPM issue of the OSBD queues
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:51:23 -0400
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi Mike,

I did some more digging.

The start up script, /etc/init.d/x2gocleansessions, has what it needs to 
create the directory /tmp/.X11-unix.  However, that script does not seem 
to be run during system startup on my very minimal CentOS v6.4 servers.

Running "chkconfig --list | grep x2go" does not come up with anything.  
Chkconfig does not see it, so /etc/init.d/x2gocleansessions does not run 
even though it is in the correct directory.

I had to add it manually to chkconfig so it would run on system start up;

# chkconfig --add x2gocleansessions

Now chkconfig sees it as a script to run on system start up;

# chkconfig --list | grep x2go
x2gocleansessions    0:off    1:off    2:off    3:on    4:off 5:on    6:off

Now the start up script /etc/init.d/x2gocleansessions runs on system 
start up and creates /tmp/.X11-unix.

I looked at other application heavy CentOS v6 servers that we have x2go 
"working" on.  They work because it seems that some other application 
creates /tmp/.X11-unix during system start up.  These "working" machines 
also did not have x2gocleansessions running upon system start up.  I ran 
"chkconfig --add x2gocleansessions" on them as well.

If I have figured out the problem, it looks like the x2goserver 
installation script on CentOS v6 may need to have "chkconfig --add 
x2gocleansessions" run in it.

Thanks,
Frank

On 10/29/2013 04:21 AM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> On  Fr 25 Okt 2013 15:43:16 CEST, Frank Warnke wrote:
>
>> On 10/25/2013 07:23 AM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>>> On Friday 2013-10-25 12:41, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>>>> can you take a look at issue #332 in X2Go BTS. Obviously, you 
>>>> should add
>>>> something to the RPM package's init script of X2Go Server that 
>>>> resembles this
>>>> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=blobdiff;f=debian/x2goserver.init;h=5ae86e4832e3f4c497cc238510aa26375d9bcfd3;hp=b56a4cb5898bdf805b533d153a54fd138e06f9b9;hb=b3d9404c654c051875a1f3abcbd3ff81aa6780b7;hpb=d7f10874cafc3113afe50d0e109f084533aace3f 
>>>>
>>> The init script is already whatever was in debian/x2goserver.init.
>>>
>>>
>
>> I have this in /etc/rc.d/rc.local on CentOS v6.4 64bit, so that after 
>> a reboot, x2goclient can still connect to the server;
>>
>> /bin/mkdir -m 1777 /tmp/.X11-unix
>>
>
> As Jan stated, there should be an init script for X2Go Server. The 
> script launches /usr/sbin/x2gocleansessions. It also should handled 
> the /tmp/.X11-unix directory. Can you please check if that script is 
> in place? Can you also check, why it does not work on your system? 
> Thanks.
>
> Mike

[Message part 2 (text/html, inline)]

Acknowledgement sent to Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>:
Extra info received and filed, but not forwarded. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:03:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message sent on to Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>:
Bug#332. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:03:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>:
Bug#332; Package x2goserver. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:48:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:48:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #61 received at 332@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>
To: Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>
Cc: Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>, 332-quiet@bugs.x2go.org, 332@bugs.x2go.org, control@bugs.x2go.org, 332-submitter@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: Bug#332: RPM issue of the OSBD queues
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:41:09 +0100 (CET)
On Tuesday 2013-10-29 14:51, Frank Warnke wrote:
>
>If I have figured out the problem, it looks like the x2goserver installation
>script on CentOS v6 may need to have "chkconfig --add x2gocleansessions" run
>in it.

Such consideration has already been done by distros, and I concur
with openSUSE's current opinion to not enable services just because
their constituting package got installed (possibly automated and/or
drawing in dependent packages).


Message sent on to Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>:
Bug#332. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:48:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>:
Bug#332; Package x2goserver. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:03:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:03:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #69 received at 332@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>
To: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>
Cc: Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>, 332-quiet@bugs.x2go.org, 332@bugs.x2go.org, control@bugs.x2go.org, 332-submitter@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: Bug#332: RPM issue of the OSBD queues
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:54:54 +0000
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi Jan,

On  Di 29 Okt 2013 15:41:09 CET, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Tuesday 2013-10-29 14:51, Frank Warnke wrote:
>>
>> If I have figured out the problem, it looks like the x2goserver installation
>> script on CentOS v6 may need to have "chkconfig --add x2gocleansessions" run
>> in it.
>
> Such consideration has already been done by distros, and I concur
> with openSUSE's current opinion to not enable services just because
> their constituting package got installed (possibly automated and/or
> drawing in dependent packages).

thanks for clearing that up.

Can you please add that bit of information to the X2Go wiki then? The  
X2Go Server DB will fill with loads of dead sessions if the  
x2gocleansessions Perl script (via init script) does not run.

Thanks,
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-keys, inline)]
[Message part 3 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Acknowledgement sent to Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>:
Extra info received and filed, but not forwarded. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:03:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>:
Extra info received and filed, but not forwarded. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:03:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message sent on to Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>:
Bug#332. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:03:03 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>:
Bug#332; Package x2goserver. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:18:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:18:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #83 received at 332@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>
To: Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>
Cc: Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>, 332-quiet@bugs.x2go.org, 332@bugs.x2go.org, control@bugs.x2go.org, 332-submitter@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: Bug#332: RPM issue of the OSBD queues
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:06:22 +0100 (CET)
On Tuesday 2013-10-29 15:54, Mike Gabriel wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> On  Di 29 Okt 2013 15:41:09 CET, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 2013-10-29 14:51, Frank Warnke wrote:
>>>
>>> If I have figured out the problem, it looks like the x2goserver installation
>>> script on CentOS v6 may need to have "chkconfig --add x2gocleansessions" run
>>> in it.
>>
>> Such consideration has already been done by distros, and I concur
>> with openSUSE's current opinion to not enable services just because
>> their constituting package got installed (possibly automated and/or
>> drawing in dependent packages).
>
> thanks for clearing that up.
>
> Can you please add that bit of information to the X2Go wiki then? The X2Go
> Server DB will fill with loads of dead sessions if the x2gocleansessions Perl
> script (via init script) does not run.

Which makes me wonder - can't you remove the dead sockets when "it" 
exits?


Acknowledgement sent to Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>:
Extra info received and filed, but not forwarded. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:18:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message sent on to Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>:
Bug#332. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:18:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Information forwarded to x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de, X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>:
Bug#332; Package x2goserver. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:48:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Acknowledgement sent to Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to X2Go Developers <x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de>. (Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:48:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Message #94 received at 332@bugs.x2go.org (full text, mbox):

From: Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>
To: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@inai.de>
Cc: Frank Warnke <frank@newspapersystems.com>, 332@bugs.x2go.org, 332@bugs.x2go.org
Subject: Re: Bug#332: RPM issue of the OSBD queues
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:47:01 +0000
[Message part 1 (text/plain, inline)]
Hi Jan,

On  Di 29 Okt 2013 16:06:22 CET, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Tuesday 2013-10-29 15:54, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>
>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> On  Di 29 Okt 2013 15:41:09 CET, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>>
>>> On Tuesday 2013-10-29 14:51, Frank Warnke wrote:
>>>>
>>>> If I have figured out the problem, it looks like the x2goserver  
>>>> installation
>>>> script on CentOS v6 may need to have "chkconfig --add  
>>>> x2gocleansessions" run
>>>> in it.
>>>
>>> Such consideration has already been done by distros, and I concur
>>> with openSUSE's current opinion to not enable services just because
>>> their constituting package got installed (possibly automated and/or
>>> drawing in dependent packages).
>>
>> thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>> Can you please add that bit of information to the X2Go wiki then? The X2Go
>> Server DB will fill with loads of dead sessions if the  
>> x2gocleansessions Perl
>> script (via init script) does not run.
>
> Which makes me wonder - can't you remove the dead sockets when "it"
> exits?

no sockets remain. In some cases (session crashes, etc.) a clean-up of  
remaining SSHFS mounts is necessary.

Also, in future version of X2Go Server, the suspend/terminate  
functionality will be provided in x2gocleansessions, as well. A change  
in the database will then actually suspend the session. For the  
correct functionality of the session broker this is necessary already  
today.

Please make x2gocleansessions available or document that it is not  
available and why and how to enable it. Thanks!

Greets,
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb
[Message part 2 (application/pgp-keys, inline)]
[Message part 3 (application/pgp-signature, inline)]

Changed Bug title to 'handle session suspension/termination via x2gocleansessions' from '[X2Go-Dev] Bug#93: x2goagent should create /tmp/.X11-unix directory' Request was from Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> to control@bugs.x2go.org. (Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:05:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Severity set to 'wishlist' from 'normal' Request was from Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> to control@bugs.x2go.org. (Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:05:01 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available.

Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


X2Go Developers <owner@bugs.x2go.org>. Last modified: Wed Dec 12 05:04:23 2018; Machine Name: ymir.das-netzwerkteam.de

X2Go Bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham, 1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson.