Subject: Bug#998: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#998: Image inverted when displayed via x2go

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 17:45:06 +0100

Am 09.02.2016 um 17:47 schrieb Toby Darling:

> Toby Darling, Scientific Computing (2N249) MRC Laboratory of
> Molecular Biology Francis Crick Avenue Cambridge Biomedical Campus

Toby,

are you aware that X2Go has several compression settings for images,
and some of them are "lossy", i.e. they may show artifacts where in
reality there is nothing, or show nothing where in reality there is a
minuscule spot?

If you're using images displayed through X2Go for clinical purposes
(deciding whether a certain patient requires a surgery etc.), you
should absolutely make sure that you're using a lossless compression
or no compression at all, or else you might be seeing things that
aren't actually there, or missing things that are there.
(This isn't specific to X2Go - it's something to keep in mind with all
remote desktop/remote application solutions.)

For your actual bug report, it would be helpful to know if the
"flipped image" (it's not color-inverted, it's mirrored along the X
axis) issue only occurs with one, or with all available algorithms.

<shameless plug>
X2Go also has a commercial side, where various companies - including
my own - offer support contracts with guaranteed response times as
well as consultancy and paid-for development work if someone wants to
see a bug fixed or a new feature added in a certain time frame.

What makes my company special is, IMHO:
1) I'm the current X2Go Project/Community Coordinator, so the
   development lead and the developers tend to listen to me.
2) As far as I know, we are the only company providing X2Go support
   that isn't a one-man-show.
3) We sub-contract other developers from the X2Go community on demand,
   so you only have one person you need to talk to - me - and you will
   only receive one invoice, even if the task involved several freelance
   or part-time X2Go developers.

Our hourly rate for consultancy work and fixing issues outside of a
support contract is 110 EUR.
With a support contract, you get guaranteed response times (starting at
400 EUR/month for 24h response time during business hours in the
CET/CEST time zone from Monday to Friday, German holidays excluded)
and lower hourly rates if you buy a certain amount of hours in advance.
</shameless plug>

Kind Regards,
Stefan

- -- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243