Subject: Bug#998: Image inverted when displayed via x2go

From: Toby Darling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 16:47:34 +0000

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.1.4

My users have an application[1] that when run under x2go inverts the 
image it is displaying. There is a comparative screen shot 
e2boxer-inverted.png at 
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-6ks0UHchgjTUpxSkRwd1FLa2s&usp=sharing 

The window on the left is through x2go and on the right is native.
(I've added the red boxes and text to clarify what appears to be random 
splodges.)

We've reproduced this discrepancy on Scientific Linux 6.7, MacOS 10.6 
and MacOS 10.9. When run natively, the image is displayed correctly.

x2goserver is version 4.0.1.19 running on Scientific Linux 6.7

[1] EMAN2 from 
http://ncmi.bcm.tmc.edu/ncmi/software/software_details?selected_software=counter_222

The downloadable EMAN2 gzip file contains all the software required to 
run e2boxer.py - the program that exhibits this problem, no build or 
config is necessary. The sample input file 
Falcon_2016_02_02-09_10_45_cor.mrc is at the same link as the screen 
shot. Once EMAN2 is unpacked run:

#-- 8< --#

#!/bin/bash

EMAN2DIR=<inst_dir>/EMAN2

export EMAN2DIR
export PATH=$EMAN2DIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$EMAN2DIR/lib
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$EMAN2DIR/lib

echo "******************"
which e2boxer.py
echo "******************"

e2boxer.py Falcon_2016_02_02-09_10_45_cor.mrc

#-- 8< --#

Many thanks for the awesome work you do keeping this software going!

Cheers
Toby
-- 
Toby Darling, Scientific Computing (2N249)
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Francis Crick Avenue
Cambridge Biomedical Campus
Cambridge CB2 0QH
Phone 01223 267070