Subject: Bug#998: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#998: Image inverted when displayed via x2go

From: Toby Darling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 15:20:12 +0000

Hi Stefan

Many thanks for your reply.

> If you're using images displayed through X2Go for clinical purposes

No worries on that score, it's just [not so] simple biology.

> For your actual bug report, it would be helpful to know if the
> "flipped image" (it's not color-inverted, it's mirrored along the X
> axis) issue only occurs with one, or with all available algorithms.

You are correct that the image inversion is is along the x-axis. The 
colour/shading is correct.

I've not been able to fix the inversion having tried with 16m, 16m-png, 
16m-rdp, 16m-tight, 8-tight, 8 and 8-png (I hope that's enough for a 
representative sample)

What I have now found is that an earlier version of the software (EMAN2 
2.0) *does* get displayed correctly through x2go. I've narrowed this 
further to version 2.07 is OK when displayed via x2go, while version 2.1 
exhibits the inversion.

http://ncmi.bcm.tmc.edu/ncmi/software/software_details?selected_software=counter_222

Cheers
Toby
-- 
Toby Darling, Scientific Computing (2N249)
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Francis Crick Avenue
Cambridge Biomedical Campus
Cambridge CB2 0QH
Phone 01223 267070