Subject: x2goclient segmentation fault

From: Peter W <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:52:40 +0400

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.0.1-0~352~quantal1

Dear bug tracker,

I get this segmentation fault when using x2goclient to connect to remote host:

<<<
$ x2goclient 
QGtkStyle could not resolve GTK. Make sure you have installed the proper libraries.
ONMainWindow constructor

Can't load translator (:/x2goclient_en_us) !

Can't load translator :/qt_en_US 
ONMainWindows constructor finished, home Directory is: "/home/[...]"

read 1 sessions from config file 
start new ssh connection to server: "[...]" : "22" krb: false

ssh connection ok

continue normal x2go session

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I also get the segmentation fault message on simple commands like "x2goclient --help":
<<<
$ x2goclient --help
ONMainWindow constructor

Can't load translator (:/x2goclient_en_us) !

Can't load translator :/qt_en_US 
Usage: x2goclient [Options]
Options:
--help show this message
--help-pack show available pack methods
--no-menu hide menu bar
--no-session-edit not allow user to edit preconfigured
 sessions
--maximize start maximized
--hide start hidden
--portable start in "portable" mode
--pgp-card use openPGP card authentication
--xinerama use Xinerama by default
--ldap-printing allow client side printing in LDAP mode
--thinclient run without window manager
--haltbt show shutdown button
--add-to-known-hosts add RSA key fingerprint to .ssh/known_hosts
 if authenticity of server can't be established

--ldap=<host:port:dn> start with LDAP support. Example:
 --ldap=ldapserver:389:o=organization,c=de

--ldap1=<host:port> LDAP failover server #1 
--ldap2=<host:port> LDAP failover server #2 
--ssh-port=<port> connect to this port, default 22
--client-ssh-port=<port> local ssh port (for fs export), default 22
--command=<cmd> Set default command, default value 'KDE'
--session=<session> Start session 'session'
--user=<username> select user 'username'
--geomerty=<W>x<H>|fullscreen set default geometry, default value '800x600'
--dpi=<dpi> set dpi of x2goagent to dpi, default not set
--link=<modem|isdn|adsl|wan|lan> set default link type, default 'adsl'
--pack=<packmethod> set default pack method, default '16m-jpeg-9'
--kbd-layout=<layout> set default keyboard layout or layouts
 comma separated
--kbd-type=<typed> set default keyboard type
--home=<dir> set users home directory
--set-kbd=<0|1> overwrite current keyboard settings
--autostart=<app> launch "app" by session start in "published applications" mode
--session-conf=<file> path to alternative session config

close event 
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I would be really glad to have assistance finding what might be the cause of this issue, because x2go functionality is quite important to me.

Thank you,
Eugene

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 02:49:34 +0100

Is this still an issue?

Mihai