Subject: X2Go issue (in src:pyhoca-gui) has been marked as closed

From: X2Go Release Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 18:33:22 +0100 (CET)

close #979
thanks

Hello,

we are very hopeful that X2Go issue #979 reported by you
has been resolved in the new release (0.5.0.5) of the
X2Go source project »src:pyhoca-gui«.

You can view the complete changelog entry of src:pyhoca-gui (0.5.0.5)
below, and you can use the following link to view all the code changes
between this and the last release of src:pyhoca-gui.

    http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=pyhoca-gui.git;a=commitdiff;h=c6680da4cacd7a6c3ce155f4180630abbb4a550a;hp=301225fa55b2ebe503fa4705bbbda119b4a549eb

If you feel that the issue has not been resolved satisfyingly, feel
free to reopen this bug report or submit a follow-up report with
further observations described based on the new released version
of src:pyhoca-gui.

Thanks a lot for contributing to X2Go!!!

light+love
X2Go Git Admin (on behalf of the sender of this mail)

---
X2Go Component: src:pyhoca-gui
Version: 0.5.0.5-0x2go1
Status: RELEASE
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 18:23:00 +0100
Fixes: 689 769 979
Changes: 
 pyhoca-gui (0.5.0.5-0x2go1) RELEASED; urgency=medium
 .
   [ Mike Gabriel ]
   * New upstream version (0.5.0.5):
     - Handle notification the GTK3-way. (Fixes: #769).
     - Catch a wx._core.PyAssertionError (C++ assertion "IsOk()" failed at
       ../src/common/image.cpp(429) in Scale(): invalid image) when
       rendering icons in the published applications menu. (Fixes: #979).
   * debian/control,pyhoca-gui.specs:
     + Pull-in gobject introspection packages for libnotify support.
       Fallback to pynotify (GTK2 based notifcations) only if
       gi.repository.Notify is unavailable. (Fixes: #689).
 .
   [ Mihai Moldovan ]
   * New upstream version (0.5.0.5):
   * debian/control:
     - Drop python-support run-time dependency, add dh-python alternative to
       python-support build dependency.
       Needed at least for unstable, which has no python-support package
       anymore.

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 17:35:10 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the pyhoca-gui package:

#979: pyhoca-gui cannot display application menu on Debian Jessie

It has been closed by X2Go Release Manager <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact X2Go Release Manager <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: X2Go issue (in src:pyhoca-gui) has been marked as closed
From: X2Go Release Manager <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 18:33:22 +0100 (CET)

close #979
thanks

Hello,

light+love

---

Subject: pyhoca-gui cannot display application menu on Debian Jessie
From: Ondřej Grover <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 08:18:26 +0100

Package: pyhoca-gui
Version: 0.5.0.4-0x2go1+git20150608.1318+jessie.main.1

Dear maintainers,

I installed the package pyhoca-gui from the X2Go Debian repositories (deb
http://packages.x2go.org/debian jessie main) on my Debian Jessie system.
When issuing a published applications session it connects and appears to
retrieve the application menu.

pyhoca-gui[21717] (x2gocontrolsession-pylib) NOTICE: querying server
(CENSORED) for list of published applications
pyhoca-gui[21717] (x2gocontrolsession-pylib) NOTICE: published applications
query for CENSORED finished, return menu tree

However, when I click the icon in systray, it throws an error in the
console (I ran it in a console to see log messages) and does not show
anything, but keeps running. Here is the full traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyhoca/wxgui/taskbar.py", line
153, in CreateSessionManagerPopupMenu
    self.menu_sessionmanager =
self.PopupMenu(menus_taskbar.PyHocaGUI_Menu_TaskbarSessionManager(self._PyHocaGUI,
caller=self,))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyhoca/wxgui/menus_taskbar.py",
line 1063, in __init__
    submenu=PyHocaGUI_Menu_TaskbarSessionProfile(self._PyHocaGUI,
caller=self, profile_name=profile_name))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyhoca/wxgui/menus_taskbar.py",
line 605, in __init__
    _category_map = _generate_Menu_PublishedApplications(self._PyHocaGUI,
caller=self, profile_name=profile_name,
session_name=_pubapp_session.get_session_name())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyhoca/wxgui/menus_taskbar.py",
line 499, in _generate_Menu_PublishedApplications
    _icon_bitmap = wx.BitmapFromImage(_icon_image.Scale(22,22))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-3.0-gtk2/wx/_core.py", line
2916, in Scale
    return _core_.Image_Scale(*args, **kwargs)
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "IsOk()" failed at
../src/common/image.cpp(429) in Scale(): invalid image

The published applications session works well with the x2goclient, so the
server is not at fault here. I also tested this on a Linux Mint system
where I installed pyhoca-gui from the X2Go Ubuntu PPA and there it worked
well. Therefore, I conclude that this has something to do with the Debian
Jessie wxWidgets library. The versions I have installed:

libwxbase3.0-0:amd64 3.0.2-1+b1
libwxgtk3.0-0:amd64 3.0.2-1+b1
python-wxgtk
python-wxgtk2.8
python-wxgtk3.0 3.0.1.1+dfsg-2
python-wxversion 3.0.1.1+dfsg-2
python2.7-wxgtk3.0

Kind regards,
Ondřej Grover