Subject: Bug#960: Dependency Error Install X2Go on Debian 7 Stable

From: Pale Blue <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 10:31:10 -0500

Package: x2go 
Version: Latest

root@WOMP:~# sudo apt-get -f install x2goserver x2goserver-xsession
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:
 
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 x2goserver : Depends: x2goagent (>= 2:3.5.0.25-0~) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
root@WOMP:~# /apt-get install x2goagent
-bash: /apt-get: No such file or directory
root@WOMP:~# apt-get install x2goagent
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:
 
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 x2goagent : Depends: nxagent (>= 2:3.5.0.32-0x2go1+git20150704.734+jessie.main.1)
             Depends: nxagent (< 2:3.5.0.32-0x2go1+git20150704.734+jessie.main.1.1)
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I followed the instructions on your Install page <http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:installation:x2goserver> but was unable to install on Debian 7 Stable. after some research and talking to others on IRC I was told to speak with you about the possibility that the packages in your repo might be broken? Any Guidance would be much appreciated!

Thanks,d

Pale Blue

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 17:46:34 +0100

Am 29.10.2015 um 16:31 schrieb Pale Blue:
[...]

> The following packages have unmet dependencies: 27. x2goagent :
> Depends: nxagent (>=
> 2:3.5.0.32-0x2go1+git20150704.734+jessie.main.1) 28. Depends: 
> nxagent (< 2:3.5.0.32-0x2go1+git20150704.734+jessie.main.1.1) 29. 

> I followed the instructions on your Install page 
> <http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:installation:x2goserver> but
> was unable to install on Debian 7 Stable. after some research and
> talking to others on IRC I was told to speak with you about the
> possibility that the packages in your repo might be broken? Any
> Guidance would be much appreciated!

Please provide:

The complete contents of

/etc/apt/sources.list

as well as

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

if you have any files stored there

the output of

dpkg -l | grep nx

as well as

dpkg -l | grep x2go

I think that should aid in further analysis.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

- -- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243