Subject: Bug#958: Info received and FILED only (Closing/Archiving as per sunweaver's request)

From: "X2Go Bug Tracking System" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 14:25:04 +0000

Thank you for the additional information you have supplied regarding
this Bug report.

This is an automatically generated reply to let you know your message
has been received.

Your message has not been forwarded to the package maintainers or
other interested parties; you should ensure that the developers are
aware of the problem you have entered into the system - preferably
quoting the Bug reference number, #958.

If you wish to submit further information on this problem, please
send it to [email-masked].

Please do not send mail to [email-masked] unless you wish
to report a problem with the Bug-tracking system.

-- 
958: https://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=958
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 14:25:04 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the xserver-xsession package:

#958: Xsession startup: LD_LIBRARY_PATH in STARTUP var breaks Debian/Ubuntu/Mint session startups

It has been closed by Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Stefan Baur <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

Subject: Closing/Archiving as per sunweaver's request
From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 15:23:27 +0100

Control: close -1
Control: archive -1

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243

Subject: Xsession startup: LD_LIBRARY_PATH in STARTUP var breaks Debian/Ubuntu/Mint session startups
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:21:31 +0000

Package: xserver-xsession
Severity: important
Version: 4.0.1.19

Several /etc/X11/Xsession.d scripts on Debian and Ubuntu (and other  
derivatives) fail (don't get executed), because they try to detect a  
variable $BASESTARTUP from $STARTUP which gets set during the Xsession  
startup mechanism.

The detection code expects the session command (mate-session,  
startkde, xfce4-session, etc.) as the first element in $STARTUP when  
splitting the $STARTUP string at every blank.

As x2goruncommand prepends a LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the STARTUP command  
(for enabling Xinerama in X2Go sessions), this distro-specific  
detection mechanism fails.

Why report this issue to X2Go then (and not to Debian). Easy  
reasoning... With nx-libs 3.6.x, the Xinerama code will be completely  
rewritten and it won't be necessary to set a customer LD_LIBRARY_PATH  
anymore. Thus, we should make sure, your X2Go Xsession startups get  
aligned with distro-specific expectations.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb