Subject: x2goserver authenticates session but does not start xfce

From: Hans-Joachim Hötger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:16:13 +0200

Package: x2goserver
Version: x2goserver-4.0.1.19-3.el7.x86_64

1. Debian stable and Windows 8 (both virtual in an VMware Hypervisor)
2. 4.0.5.0-0x2go1+git20150728.1112+wheezy.main.1 and 4.0.2.1 (Windows)
3. all default
4. RHEL 7.1
5. x2goserver-4.0.1.19-3.el7.x86_64
6. x2goserver-xsession-4.0.1.19-3.el7.x86_64
7. nxagent-3.5.0.32-2.el7.x86_64
8.
9. all default

Hello,
i have a x2goserver running in an hypervisor. When i connect from my
workplace (debian stable) the hostkey is stored and then the session
is closed. I have the same behaviour, when i connect from a windows
client. I have both clients configured to start xfce that is installed
on the server. When i use mobaxterm (with its own xserver) on Windows,
i can call 'startxfce4' successfully. When i start it on my debian
workplace, it fails because i have xfce running locally.

Because the x2goclient window closes so fast, i can not read the last
lines. One thing that might help: The server is running a Java
Application from HP (SSMP). This Java Server binds to the IPV6
Interface of the server. That made me disable the complete IPV6 Config
of the server. As result i had to set 'Addressfamily inet' in the sshd
config to make X11 tunneling over ssh work.

kind regards
- -- 
Hans-Joachim Hoetger

              "Zwei Dinge sind schädlich für jeden,
            der die Stufen des Glücks will ersteigen;
                Schweigen, wenn Zeit ist zu reden,
             und Reden, wenn Zeit ist zu schweigen."
                                    (Friedrich von Bodelschwingh)