Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#952: Clipboard broken

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 14:01:36 +0200

Am 30.09.2015 um 15:26 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> On  Mi 30 Sep 2015 15:01:44 CEST, Stefan Baur wrote:
> 
>> So maybe something isn't initialized properly, and when firing up
>> the old client first, it happens and remains that way?
> 
> When hacking PyHoca-GUI on Windows, I saw stray VcXsrv instance 
> remaining as a running (and functional) process, although the
> PyHoca-GUI application had already been quit.

This is unlikely to happen with X2GoClient.exe, as Alex added a
"reaper" tool that terminates all X2GoClient.exe-spawned tasks when
X2GoClient.exe exits.

> Are you sure, that VcXsrv properly terminated after uninstalling
> the old X2Go Client version? Or did the new X2Go Client possibly
> use VcXsrv shipped with the old client.

In that particular case, there is no "installation", both versions
reside in different directories, side by side, after I unzipped them
manually.
It is unlikely that the newer one would run the X server from a
totally different directory.

> Also, the X11 settings are stored in the Windows registry (HKCU
> IIRC). The cmdline options for launching VcXsrv are stored there,
> as well.

> When testing different client versions regarding VcXsrv, make sure
> to purge X2Go Client's registry settings.

I will try running X2GoClient.exe in portable mode for my further
tests, to avoid that.

Also, it might depend on the sequence of copy/paste events.
The time I noticed that it wasn't working, the first attempt was
copying from the client and pasting to the server.
The time it worked, after going back and forth between versions, the
first copy was made on the server and the first paste on the client.

Again, I'll try to do some more experiments and will report back.

- -Stefan
- -- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243