Subject: Bug#952: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#952: Clipboard broken

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 13:26:09 +0000

On  Mi 30 Sep 2015 15:01:44 CEST, Stefan Baur wrote:

> So maybe something isn't initialized properly, and when firing up the
> old client first, it happens and remains that way?

When hacking PyHoca-GUI on Windows, I saw stray VcXsrv instance  
remaining as a running (and functional) process, although the  
PyHoca-GUI application had already been quit.

Are you sure, that VcXsrv properly terminated after uninstalling the  
old X2Go Client version? Or did the new X2Go Client possibly use  
VcXsrv shipped with the old client.

Also, the X11 settings are stored in the Windows registry (HKCU IIRC).  
The cmdline options for launching VcXsrv are stored there, as well.

When testing different client versions regarding VcXsrv, make sure to  
purge X2Go Client's registry settings.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb