Subject: Session restore on multi-monitor Windows 10

From: Nigel Hathaway <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 07:45:59 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.5.0

I have 3 monitors, 1 and 2 are 1920x 1200 and 3 is 2560 x 1600, and I am 
running Windows 10. Monitor 1 is the Windows 'primary' display, and is 
the left hand of 1 and 2.

I set my remote session to be display 2 (use whole display), Xinerama 
extension not enabled. I am connecting to Ubuntu 14.04 with Mate 
installed. I also connect to Linux Mint Mate 17 (i.e. the same Ubuntu 
version).

When I connect for the first time, it performs correctly, with the 
session taking up the whole of display 2, although the taskbar icon is 
the X server icon, not the x2go X icon. If I then suspend the session 
and then connect to it again, the X client does not come up full screen 
on display 2. Instead it comes up as a non-maximised window with title 
bar and occupying all of display 1 and one third of display 2. The 
client inside with window has the correct 1920x 1200, and so the MATE 
taskbar is off the bottom, and the one third of display 2 is just grey 
background (all the client is on display 1). If I move the window to 
display 2, I can maximise it there, but I can't get rid of the title 
bar. Because the client is still dimensioned to the display, the image 
is shifted down by the title bar size, so the MATE taskbar is inaccessible.