Subject: Bug#943: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#943: segfault on x2goagent (error 14 in nxagent) while connecting

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:14:11 +0000

Hi Juan,

On  Do 17 Sep 2015 15:11:19 CEST, Juan Navarro wrote:

> Package: x2goagent
> Version: 3.5.0.32
>
> A segmentation fault makes impossible to connect two machines in Local Area
> Network. No firewalls of port limitations are in effect, and SSH works
> normally as per the default Ubuntu installation (packages "openssh-server"
> and "openssh-client").
> While connecting, the server side consistently aborts with a segmentation
> fault. This happens when the client side selects the Display mode "Custom"
> or "Use whole display", however the connection stablishes correctly when
> the mode "Fullscreen" is chosen (although in this mode the whole server
> screen is stretched and it is almost impossible to see anything, see server
> & client configurations).
> Please, if there is any other document I should include, don't hesitate to
> ask for it. Note that the systems start from a clean state, so the Server
> and Client configurations for X2Go are as per the default values.

 From your bug report I see that you have a very complex multi-monitor  
setup on your client running X2Go Client.

The Xinerama implementation in nx-libs has been reworked tremendously.

Could you please try to install a test server running nx-libs 3.6.x?

The nx-libs 3.6.x can be obtained from

   deb http://packages.arctica-project.org/ubuntu-nightly trusty main

You have to add "+xinerama" to the X2GO_NXAGENT_DEFAULT_OPTIONS in  
/etc/x2go/x2goagent.options. Currently the Xinerama switch in X2Go  
Client is ignored, but you can test Xinerama with nx-libs 3.6.x.

Also on resumed sessions, the Xinerama extension will not be present.  
That is also work to be done in X2Go Server. (Please ignore it for  
now...).

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/mailxchange/kronolith/fb.php?u=m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de