Subject: x2goclient on OS X should use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion

From: Orion Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 09:08:18 -0600

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.5.0

See this in /var/log/system.log on x2goclient startup:

x2goclient[2305]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is 
returning 10.9.5 instead of 10.10.5. Use NSProcessInfo's 
operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number

-- 
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager                     303-415-9701 x222
NWRA, Boulder/CoRA Office             FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       [email-masked]
Boulder, CO 80301                   http://www.nwra.com

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 19:59:17 +0200

Control: close -1
Control: tag -1 wontfix

> operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number

I'm closing this up. Yes, it "should", but it's not an X2Go Client problem.
Rather, Qt is doing this and I cannot fix Qt to do the right thing. AFAIK Qt 5.x
has a fix for that - so once X2Go Client has been updated to work with Qt 5.x,
this message should go away.

Unfortunately, MacPorts currently does not allow Qt 4 and Qt 5 to be installed
at the same time, so this has lower priority for me (also, most enterprise Linux
distros don't even ship Qt 5 yet.)

Mihai