Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] .xsession-x2go-errors improvements

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 17:56:17 +0200

On 18.08.2015 05:46 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Package: x2goserver
> Version: 4.0.1.19
> 
> First issue is that ~/.xsession-x2go-errors is always appended to so it grows
> forever.  It should at least get rotated to .old file.

I'm not sure that's an issue per se. Isn't that normal behavior for DEs/Login
Managers?

It's inconvenient, but I remember other software doing exactly the same thing,
so it's at least "consistent". But maybe I'm wrong. I see ~/.xsession-errors and
~/.xsession-errors.old on my system using LightDM. So you're probably right. But
that's for LightDM, not sure how other LMs or systems without a LM handle this?

> Second is with shared NFS home directories, multiple X2Go sessions get logged
> to the same file which is confusing.  I would suggest putting the host name
> into the log file name.

Okay, but that will break for systems with misconfigured/unset hostnames or
environments where every system has the same hostname. Additionally, multiple
sessions also get logged to the same file, so merely going for one file per host
name feels half-baked.

Mihai