Subject: Bug#922 closed by X2Go Release Manager <[email-masked]> (X2Go issue (in src:x2goserver) has been marked as closed)

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 19:00:03 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the x2goserver package:

#922: Avoiding X2GO Servers all using the same SSH_PORT - what conflicts when try to connect to different servers from one windows terminal (multiple sessions of x2go client)

It has been closed by X2Go Release Manager <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact X2Go Release Manager <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: X2Go issue (in src:x2goserver) has been marked as closed
From: X2Go Release Manager <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 12:42:59 +0100 (CET)

close #922
thanks

Hello,

we are very hopeful that X2Go issue #922 reported by you
has been resolved in the new release (4.0.1.20) of the
X2Go source project »src:x2goserver«.

You can view the complete changelog entry of src:x2goserver (4.0.1.20)
below, and you can use the following link to view all the code changes
between this and the last release of src:x2goserver.

    http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commitdiff;h=71e1e82d82acc718da71301d2fbd67eb0a71ad44;hp=8a494e794402c1b124d861893d649726a9016eb7

If you feel that the issue has not been resolved satisfyingly, feel
free to reopen this bug report or submit a follow-up report with
further observations described based on the new released version
of src:x2goserver.

Thanks a lot for contributing to X2Go!!!

light+love
X2Go Git Admin (on behalf of the sender of this mail)

---
X2Go Component: src:x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.20-0x2go1
Status: RELEASE
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 12:39:36 +0100
Fixes: 799 812 888 889 903 922 923 985 1065 1068 1073
Changes: 
 x2goserver (4.0.1.20-0x2go1) RELEASED; urgency=low
 .
   [ Mike DePaulo ]
   * New upstream version (4.0.1.20):
     - TERMINAL Session: Add support for qterminal
       (Lightweight terminal emulator written in Qt)
     - TRINITY: Add support for Q4OS
 .
   [ Mihai Moldovan ]
   * New upstream version (4.0.1.20):
     - x2goserver/bin/x2gogetapps: respect NoDisplay and Hidden values, don't
       parse the full desktop file if there are non-Desktop Entries groups.
       Based on a patch submitted by Jason Alavaliant. Fixes: #812.
     - x2goserver/bin/x2gogetapps: do not print spurious newlines.
     - Change string "X2go" to "X2Go" where appropriate.
     - Add runcommand.d hooks to x2goserver-extensions Makefile.
     - x2goserver/bin/x2gosessionlimit: don't iterate over the whole groups
       file. Only check the primary and secondary groups as returned by
       getgid()/getgroups(). Fixes long delays in session startup on machines
       with a gazillion of groups.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: re-fetch the current sessions' status
       before handling it. Using the "cached" value from the initial
       x2golistsessions run may be desynchronized with the actual current
       value. Avoids a race condition logging users out after they attached to a
       session.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: rename %remembered_sessions_since to
       %remembered_sessions_status_since. That's what it really is. Add
       comments to further clarify what it's actually doing. Change it to
       include a timestamp instead of the "iteration count multiplied by two"
       value. Compare timestamps to see if killing hanging nxagent processes is
       necessary.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: rename
       %remembered_sessions_status_since to
       %remembered_sessions_status_since_time. Add
       %remembered_sessions_status_since_iterations that will come in handy for
       the next change.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: give suspended-but-running sessions a
       grace period of one iteration. Fixes: #888.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: fix ugly missing whitespace.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: move up session status sync a bit,
       don't update session state when session has been removed from the
       database.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: unify log messages. Move dangling
       line around.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: whitespace only.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: also delete entries in the other,
       overlooked hashes.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: move socket and lock file cleanup
       into time-based block for finished/failed sessions.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: add @remembered_finished_sessions
       array. Merge with session list as queried from the database (won't
       include finished/failed sessions) and remember F-state sessions via this
       array. Only delete elements once work on these has been finished.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: don't add failed/finished sessions to
       remembered list if that list already includes them.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: don't use gmtime (time ()) but merely
       time (). The former one returns a formatted date-time string, which
       can't be checked by forming a difference. The latter one returns an UNIX
       timestamp, which is what we really want... minus leap seconds. Let's
       hope this doesn't bite back some time or later...
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: add debugging output to show the
       state change when updating the cached state result.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: only output status refreshing debug
       message if the old and new states actually differ. Prevents log spam.
     - x2goserver/bin/x2gostartagent: changes to Robert Nowotny's SSH_PORT
       patch. Fixes: #922. Use default outgoing interface to determine IP
       address. Use the whole range of ${RANDOM}'s pool. Seed it for good
       measure. Change the default method to randomization instead of IP-based
       initialization. If IP-based initialization was requested but the default
       outgoing IP address unavailable, fall back to randomization.
     - x2goserver/bin/x2goruncommand: whitespace and comment changes only.
     - x2goserver/bin/x2gocleansessions: replace system_capture_stdout_output()
       with actual implementation. We don't have that function on the release
       branch.
     - x2goserver-xsession/etc/Xsession: use /bin/bash explicitly on RedHat-,
       Gentoo- and SuSE-based systems. Users might change /bin/sh to point to a
       shell like mksh or dash, which do not support the -l or -c flags to
       exec. C.f., BGO #575022 (Gentoo.)
     - x2goserver/bin/x2gomountdirs: remove blowfish Cipher spec hardcoded for
       sshfs mounts. The speed improvement is probably mostly an illusion
       (unless talking about high-bandwidth links) and more importantly recent
       OpenSSH server versions seem to disable the Blowfish cipher by default,
       leading to errors like "Connection reset by peer."
     - x2goserver/bin/x2goruncommand: whitespace only.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: add Perl documentation and --help,
       -h, -? and --man options. Fixes: #1065. Also print a usage message on
       unknown options.
     - x2goserver/man/man8/x2gocleansessions.8: drop obsolete man page.
     - x2goserver-xsession/etc/Xsession: fix uname calls when (potentially)
       creating session log/error file and add uname call where necessary.
     - x2goserver-xsession/etc/Xsession: include hostname in
       xsession-x2go-errors file name. Part of #923.
     - x2goserver-xsession/etc/Xsession: rotate old log/error file before
       appending new data. Fixes: #923.
     - x2goserver-xsession/etc/Xsession: fix wrong variable usage.
       Fixes: #1073.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2gocleansessions: move in-file POD to end of file,
       rather than "commenting" out all the remaining code. Fixes: #1068.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2godbadmin: exit earlier when not finding the required
       "x2gouser" user.
   * x2goserver.spec:
     - Add sudo and logcheck as BuildRequires and Requires. Don't own
       directories that are owned by sudo and logcheck. Logcheck is not
       available on *SUSE, FC < 20 and RHEL, so for those distros still own the
       directories.
     - Typo fix in comment: Recommands -> Recommends.
     - Fix installation on OpenSUSE 12.3 and higher: has replaced pwdutils with
       shadow. Also affects SLE{S,D} 12.
     - Add workaround documentation for sudoers on *SUSE 11.
     - Add shadow/shadow-utils/pwdutils Requires to x2goserver-printing
       sub package.
     - Add new dependency on bash.
     - Add new dependency on xkeyboard-config to x2goserver. Fixes: #903.
     - Add new dependency on perl and the Cwd module to x2goserver-xsession.
       Part of #923.
   * debian/control:
     - Add new dependency on bash.
     - Add new dependency on xkb-data to x2goserver.
     - Maintainer change in package: X2Go Developers <[email-masked]>.
     - Uploaders: add myself. Also, force a rebuild due to the changed
       versioning.
     - Add new dependency on perl-modules for Cwd. Part of #923.
 .
   [ Henning Heinold ]
   * New upstream version (4.0.1.20):
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2godbadmin: remove trailing whitespace.
     - x2goserver/sbin/x2godbadmin: revoke all PRIVILEGES before trying to
       delete a user on postgres. Fixes: #889.
 .
   [ Mike Gabriel ]
   * debian/x2goserver.preinst:
     + Use proper comment header explaining about preinst script argument
       calls (not postinst).
 .
   [ Robert Nowotny ]
   * New upstream version (4.0.1.20):
     - x2goserver/bin/x2gostartagent: original patch for SSH_PORT
       randomization/IP-based initialization. Submitted as #922.
 .
   [ Stefan Baur ]
   * New upstream version (4.0.1.20):
     - x2goserver/bin/x2goruncommand: add the other trinity launcher scripts in
       order from newest to oldest. Fixes: #985.
 .
   [ Tor Perkins ]
   * New upstream version (4.0.1.20):
     - x2goserver/bin/x2goruncommand: capture x2goruncommand debug output for
       x2gofeature X2GO_XSESSION.
 .
   [ Orion Poplawski ]
   * New upstream version (4.0.1.20):
     - x2goserver/bin/x2golistdesktops: drop -u parameter to ss. Fixes: #799.
       We would filter out UDP sockets later anyway and the combination -lxu is
       known to be broken with some versions of iproute2.

Subject: Avoiding X2GO Servers all using the same SSH_PORT - what conflicts when try to connect to different servers from one windows terminal (multiple sessions of x2go client)
From: Robert Nowotny <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 15:53:21 +0200

Package: x2goagent
Version: 3.5.0.32

As discussed with IONIC, there is a problem when You try to connect to 
different servers from Windows at the same time, using multiple 
instances of x2go client.
The reason is, that the x2go servers are all using the same SSH_Port. 
That should not be a problem from my point of view, so that behaviour 
should be further investigated.

The problem was reported already a very long time ago, but still exists 
: https://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg00547.html

In the meantime, here a small patch for x2gostartagent script:
That patch uses a different SSH_PORT for each Server, therefore try to 
avoid conflicts.

There are two methods implemented :

method one, suitable for Class "C" Networks, with no possible conflicts. 
The SSH Port is dependent on the last octet of the servers host adress.
method two, with randomized ports, what may lead to conflicts from case 
to case, but can handle networks were servers might have the same last 
octet of the host adress.

However, that patch enables to have multiple instances of x2goclients 
running on one windows machine, against different hosts.

please find attached the IRC conversation log with Ionic, as well as the 
patched script for x2gostartagent

I hove it can be committed, I am getting tired to patch my hosts on 
every x2go server update ;-)

yours sincerely

Robert Nowotny
Rotek GmbH