Subject: Bug#915: GSSAPI Auth Bug

From: Lukas Koschmieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 01:37:55 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.4.0

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a server-side or client-side bug but each new
user who tries to connect to my X2Go server initially receives the
following error message: "Check your GSSAPI configuration or choose
another authentication method." I have noticed that this error
disappears as soon as a user establishes his first SSH connection to my
X2Go server (using PuTTY).

Regards,
Lukas

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 19:21:38 +0200

> Version: 4.0.4.0

Please try upgrading to 4.0.5.0.

I have fixed a few bugs regarding GSSAPI/Kerberos in that version - maybe that
already solves your problem.

> I have noticed that this error

Additionally, this might not be a bug at all.

X2Go Client expects a valid Kerberos ticket to be available. Typically, Windows
users that use Kerberos already get a ticket at login time via AD or the like.

If that is not true for your setup, you will have to request a new ticket
manually the first time after login - and are responsible to also keep it from
expiring (e.g., via periodically requesting a new ticket or requesting a
renewable ticket and running the renew command every now and then.)

Mihai

---

From: Frank Lenaerts <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 16:28:40 +0200

Hi

I think it has to do with the fact that, the first time you connect to
the server, its key has to be accepted. As soon as you accept it (in a
plain ssh session), the X2go client works as expected i.o.w. it's just
that the X2go client can't cope with the message asking you to accept
the host's key or not.

-- 
Kind regards

Frank Lenaerts
SCK·CEN / ICT Group
Boeretang 200
B-2400 Mol
Belgium
Tel.: +3214338723