Subject: X2Go Logout Issue with Mate on Centos7

From: Robert Dinse <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 12:16:31 -0700 (PDT)

Package: <x2goserver>
Version: <4.0.1.19-3.el7>

      X2Goserver installed on a CentOS7 system with Mate desktop.  When I
logout, the top and bottom bars disappear but the background image remains
and in this state it hangs indefinitely.

      If I then use alt-control-M to minimize the screen, click on the little
white seal and when the initial screen comes up, terminate the session, it
terminates.

      This behavior did not exist when I first installed Mate and X2Go server
on this machine, something has changed recently.

      Also perhaps relevant, I have exactly the same version of x2go server
and Mate installed on a Scientific Linux 7 machine and it terminates the
session properly when I logout so this behavior appears to be specific to
Centos 7.

      This is the x2goserver.conf, it is identical on both the Centos7 machine
that doesn't logout properly and the scientific7 machine which does, I have 
not altered it from the defaults:

  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[limit users]
#user-foo=1

[limit groups]
#bar-group=1

[security]
# SSHFS umask for client-side folder sharing. Leave uncommented to keep the 
server's default umask
#umask="0117"

[log]
# possible levels are: emerg, alert, crit, err, warning, notice, info, debug
loglevel=notice

  --------------------------------------------------------------------------

      I thought maybe the contents of x2go_logout.d which is a single script
called 010_userscripts.sh containing:

  --------------------------------------------------------------------------
# call $HOME/.x2go_logout script...

test -r $HOME/.x2go_logout && . $HOME/.x2go_logout
  --------------------------------------------------------------------------

      ... might be relevant but that to is identical on both machines as are
$HOME/.x2go_logout which actually is non-existent on both machines (actually
home directory is identical as it is NFS mounted on both machines from a
common server).

      The one thing that is different is the version of mate-desktop, on the
broken box it's version 1.8.2-2.el7 and on the working system 1.10.1-2.el7.

      I upgraded the broken box to Mate 1.10.1-2.e17, the same as the working
machine but logout still hangs.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
  Eskimo North Linux Friendly Internet Access, Shell Accounts, and Hosting.
    Knowledgeable human assistance, not telephone trees or script readers.
  See our web site: http://www.eskimo.com/ (206) 812-0051 or (800) 246-6874.

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 02:14:39 +0200

Not of any help, but maybe related to this issue:
https://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg03186.html

Mihai