Subject: Bug#914: Logout issues, solution [CenOS 7]

From: Alfi Galfi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 18:26:14 +0200

Hello
Anything new regarding to this issue? I'm using:
x2goserver-4.0.1.19-6.el7.x86_64

list of mate packages:
 rpm -qa|grep mate
mate-menus-libs-1.10.0-1.el7.x86_64
mate-system-log-1.10.3-1.el7.x86_64
mate-calc-1.8.0-1.el7.x86_64
libmateweather-1.10.0-1.el7.x86_64
mate-session-manager-1.10.2-2.el7.x86_64
mate-applets-1.10.3-1.el7.x86_64
mate-screenshot-1.10.3-1.el7.x86_64
libmateweather-data-1.10.0-1.el7.noarch
mate-notification-daemon-1.10.2-1.el7.x86_64
mate-polkit-1.10.2-1.el7.x86_64
mate-control-center-1.10.2-2.el7.x86_64
mate-desktop-1.10.2-1.el7.x86_64
mate-themes-1.12.0-1.el7.noarch
mate-media-1.10.0-2.el7.x86_64
mate-dictionary-1.10.3-1.el7.x86_64
mate-screensaver-1.10.2-4.el7.x86_64
mate-desktop-libs-1.10.2-1.el7.x86_64
mate-menus-1.10.0-1.el7.x86_64
libmatekbd-1.10.0-1.el7.x86_64
mate-panel-1.10.1-1.el7.x86_64
libmatemixer-1.10.0-1.el7.x86_64
mate-terminal-1.10.1-2.el7.x86_64
mate-system-monitor-1.10.1-1.el7.x86_64
mate-search-tool-1.10.3-1.el7.x86_64
mate-backgrounds-1.10.0-1.el7.noarch
mate-control-center-filesystem-1.10.2-2.el7.x86_64
mate-panel-libs-1.10.1-1.el7.x86_64
mate-utils-common-1.10.3-1.el7.noarch
mate-power-manager-1.10.2-3.el7.x86_64
mate-disk-usage-analyzer-1.10.3-1.el7.x86_64
mate-icon-theme-1.10.1-1.el7.noarch
mate-settings-daemon-1.10.2-2.el7.x86_64
mate-menus-preferences-category-menu-1.10.0-1.el7.x86_64

logout works fine when I don't have any application open. But when I try to
logout without closing for example firefox logout process freeze. I don't
see panels and for example file manager, but can still operate inside of
firefox which doesn't have bars, so it's look like not all application are
closed by logout process (I can see firefox process running to). To
completely close the sesion still clicking on terminate in x2go client
window is needed. Logout process directly on server works fine. Problem
only occur during x2go connection.
I wanted to try mentioned workaround but it's not working or I get it wrong
(I moved /usr/bin/mate-session to another file and create new
/usr/bin/mate-session file with rx permissions to everybody containing
short script from Message #94). After that I see only black screen after
login and:
"/usr/bin/mate-session: fork: retry: No child processes
/usr/bin/mate-session: fork: retry: No child processes
/usr/bin/mate-session: fork: retry: No child processes
/usr/bin/mate-session: fork: retry: No child processes
/usr/bin/mate-session: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable"
in log file. Anybody is able to help with this?