Subject: Package: x2goclient, on xubuntu 14.10 mini pc with arm processor , menus and icons not displayed

From: Geir Sannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 13:27:43 +0200

Package: x2goclient 

Version: 4.0.2.1-1(Qt - 4.8.6) 

Client os: xubuntu 14.10 

client pc: rikomagic mk902II LE with CPU - Rockchip RK3188 Quad Core
(Cortex A9 Quad Core upto 1.6GHz) 

Session settings: session type XFCE 

Processor type: ARM 

Server os Fedora release 21 (Twenty One) 

Package: x2goserver.x86_64 4.0.1.19-1.fc21 @updates 

 x2goserver-xsession.x86_64 4.0.1.19-1.fc21 @updates 

 x2goserver-fmbindings.x86_64 4.0.1.19-1.fc21 @updates
 x2goclient.x86_64 4.0.3.2-1.fc21 updates
 x2godesktopsharing.x86_64 3.1.1.1-3.fc21 fedora
 x2goplugin.x86_64 4.0.3.2-1.fc21 updates
 x2goplugin-provider.x86_64 4.0.3.2-1.fc21 updates
 x2goserver-printing.x86_64 4.0.1.19-1.fc21 updates 

x2goagent.x86_64 3.5.0.29-1.fc21 @updates 

# yum list nxagent*
 Loaded plugins: langpacks
 Installed Packages
 nxagent.x86_64 3.5.0.29-1.fc21 @updates 

Problem: 

I am able to logon without problems, but the top menu is not displayed.
I
 am just able to see the background picture. I am further not able to
for
 example rightclick the mouse to display menu. 

Workaround: 

I am able to workaround the problem by first starting an
 x2goclient session from for example a windows platform with intel cpu
or from a memory
 stick with the ubuntu os booting using a pc with intel cpu, and then
just close the session without logout
 clicking x in the top right corner of the screen. Resuming this session
 from the xubuntu mini pc, I do get the menu displayed correctly even
 though the colors get a little distorted. 

Analysis: 

I have compared processes running starting a session from the xubuntu pc
 with no menu displayed as compared to a session in which the menu is
 displayed correctly, and it seems like processes have not been started
 when no menu is displayed, for example the following processes: 

xfwm4
 /usr/lib64/xfce4/panel/wrapper
/usr/lib64/xfce4/panel/plugins/libactions.so 2 14680095 actions
Handlingknapper Logg ut, lås eller andre systemvalg
 /usr/lib64/xfce4/panel/wrapper
/usr/lib64/xfce4/panel/plugins/libsystray.so 6 14680097 systray
Systemkurv Område som viser beskjedikoner 

Errors in log files on Fedora server: 

Error messages in the .xsession-x2go-errors log: 

(xfwm4:27814): xfwm4-WARNING **: The display does not support the
 XComposite extension. 

(xfwm4:27814): xfwm4-WARNING **: The display does not support the XFixes
 extension. 

(xfwm4:27814): xfwm4-WARNING **: Compositing manager disabled. 

(xfsettingsd:27847): xfsettingsd-CRITICAL **: Your XI is too old (1.3)
 version 1.4 is required. 

(xfwm4:27814): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_str_has_prefix: assertion 'prefix !=
 NULL' failed
 xfce4-panel-migrate-Message: Panel config needs migration...
 xfce4-panel-migrate-Message: Panel configuration has been updated. 

(xfwm4:27814): xfwm4-WARNING **: The property
 '/general/double_click_distance' of type int is not supported
 xfce4-panel-Message: Plugin "xfce4-mixer-plugin-15" was not found and
 has been removed from the configuration 

(xfdesktop:27822): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_file_get_path: assertion
 'G_IS_FILE (file)' failed 

 (xfdesktop:27822): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_file_get_path: assertion
 'G_IS_FILE (file)' failed 

(xfdesktop:27822): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_file_get_path: assertion
 'G_IS_FILE (file)' failed 

(wrapper:27888): xfconf-WARNING **: Failed to set property
 "xfce4-panel::/plugins/plugin-6/names-visible": Permission denied while
 modifying property "/plugins/plugin-6/names-visible" on channel
 "xfce4-panel" 

(wrapper:27888): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:3108: signal id
 '115' does not support detail (668) 

(wrapper:27888): Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'wrapper' received an X
 Window System error.
 This probably reflects a bug in the program.
 The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
 (Details: serial 256 error_code 3 request_code 4 minor_code 0)
 (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
 that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
 To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
 option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
 backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
 function.)
 xfce4-panel-Message: Plugin "xfce4-mixer-plugin-15" was not found and
 has been removed from the configuration 

(wrapper:27999): xfconf-WARNING **: Failed to set property
 "xfce4-panel::/plugins/plugin-6/names-visible": Permission denied while
 modifying property "/plugins/plugin-6/names-visible" on channel
 "xfce4-panel" 

(wrapper:27999): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:3108: signal id
 '115' does not support detail (668) 

Error messages found in the /var/log/messages file on x2go server
related to problem: 

Jun 18 13:07:03 unmundo kernel: [32672.635951] panel-2-actions[32099]:
segfault at 0 ip 00007f8f566a5abe sp 00007ffd8df6d390 error 4 in
libXrender.so.1.3.0[7f8f566a1000+9000]
 Jun 18 13:07:03 unmundo kernel: [32672.649687] xfce4-panel[32006]:
segfault at 0 ip 00007fab64618abe sp 00007ffc8dd965c0 error 4
 Jun 18 13:07:03 unmundo kernel: [32672.649701] panel-6-systray[32097]:
segfault at 0 ip 00007fac4b198abe sp 00007ffc643722e0 error 4 in
libXrender.so.1.3.0[7fac4b194000+9000]
 Jun 18 13:07:03 unmundo kernel: [32672.649704] in
libXrender.so.1.3.0[7fab64614000+9000] 

Regards 

g.s.

---

From: Orion Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 15:46:03 -0600

On 07/06/2015 05:27 AM, Geir Sannes wrote:
> Error messages found in the /var/log/messages file on x2go server related to
> problem:
> 
> Jun 18 13:07:03 unmundo kernel: [32672.649687] xfce4-panel[32006]: segfault at
> 0 ip 00007fab64618abe sp 00007ffc8dd965c0 error 4

These should be reported to https://bugzilla.redhat.com

-- 
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager                     303-415-9701 x222
NWRA, Boulder/CoRA Office             FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       [email-masked]
Boulder, CO 80301                   http://www.nwra.com

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 00:08:49 +0200

> These should be reported to https://bugzilla.redhat.com

Huh, why? This is Ubuntu, not RHEL/Fedora?

Mihai

---

From: Orion Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 16:12:59 -0600

> Huh, why? This is Ubuntu, not RHEL/Fedora?

The sever os was listed as Fedora 21.

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 00:18:57 +0200

> The sever os was listed as Fedora 21.

Nevermind, sorry.

Mihai