Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#894: pyhoca gui tray icon in Plasma 5

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 06:07:55 +0000

Hi Orion,

On  Mi 24 Jun 2015 05:39:47 CEST, Orion Poplawski wrote:

> Package: pyhoca-gui
> Version: 0.5.0.4
>
> See https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1225142
>
> pyhoca-gui icon does not appear in KDE system tray on Fedora 22.   
> This appears to be due to a shift in system tray implementations.  See
> http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2014/06/where-are-my-systray-icons/
>
> I'm still not sure if this is a purely distro issue or if pyhoca-gui  
> should be doing something different.

this behaviour is als seen on GNOMEv3 and Unity >> 12.04.

Those desktop shell have dropped the classical system tray  
implementations in favour of appindicator. However, the wxPython  
framework used by PyHoca-GUI does not support this, yet.

I have just looked again throughout the internet, if there is any sign  
of appindicator support in wxPy but could be find anything definitive.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb