Subject: Bug#891: I have a fix for VcXsrv, but it needs discussion

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 20:54:07 -0400

So here is the fix for VcXsrv (which is bundled with X2Go Client) that
I ported from Cygwin XWin:
https://github.com/ArcticaProject/vcxsrv/commit/d45db884b19a0f081fcd259e3b338a13378c936d

Here is a test build of VcXsrv :
https://github.com/ArcticaProject/vcxsrv/releases/tag/1.17.0.0-2-bug4test1
(I do not make a test build of X2Go Client available yet, so you'll
have to test it via the "X.Org Server settings" GUI in X2Go Client.)

And here is the issue against VcXsrv (X2Go/Arctica Builds):
https://github.com/ArcticaProject/vcxsrv/issues/4

Read that issue for more details on why this bug happens with X2Go
(and its component nx-libs.) Discussion over the details of the patch
should be discussed there (or in a PR.)

However, If I release X2Go Client 4.0.4.1 (or an update to 4.0.4.0)
with this fix, then sessions started on X2Go Client for Windows
4.0.4.0-2015.06.24 and earlier can not be resumed on the new version.
This could be very disruptive to users.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this dilemma?

-Mike#2