Subject: Bug#887: cups-x2go

From: "Feustel, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 22:25:31 +0000

Package: cups-x2go
Version: 3.0.1.2 GIT

The name of the pdf-file that a create with the Ghostscript has no ".pdf" file extension and can not open on the windows client on a pdf reader.
The perl command "tempfile" ha a option to set a file extension for the tempfile. (SUFFIX => '.pdf')
Maybe with this option it is enough to have on template for the tempfiles.

The second bug is the continue command and the perl script at line 227 and 275, this is not functional and the if block an bee empty or you working with negation on the if.

Best regards

Thomas Feustel

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 17:21:07 +0200

On 18.06.2015 12:25 AM, Feustel, Thomas wrote:
> The name of the pdf-file that a create with the Ghostscript has no “.pdf” file
> extension and can not open on the windows client on a pdf reader.
> 
> The perl command “tempfile” ha a option to set a file extension for the
> tempfile. (SUFFIX => ‘.pdf’)
> 

That's actually weird. Yes, the temp file doesn't have a .pdf extension, but
that shouldn't cause any trouble. The original file name is known by the system
and my tests with x2goclient, though on OS X, always produce a file called
"$original_file.pdf" when I select to save it as a PDF.

Maybe the Windows Previewer is not getting the name correctly, though.

> The second bug is the continue command and the perl script at line 227 and 275,
> this is not functional and the if block an bee empty or you working with
> negation on the if.

Yeah, Perl doesn't know "continue" like any other language I keep forgetting
this... Fixed in the newest commit.

Mihai