Subject: Bug#884: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#884: nxagent aborts session with 'Could not open default font 'fixed''

From: devsk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 16:21:49 +0000 (UTC)

The folder /usr/X11R6 hasn't existed on Gentoo for years now (since move to Xorg). Does the folder /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts exist on other distros?

Also, the code seems to be making an attempt to look for "ALTERNATE" font paths and many of those paths are there:

$ ls -al /usr/share/fonts/*/fonts.{alias,dir}

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  3154 Apr 11 08:16 /usr/share/fonts/100dpi/fonts.alias
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 17828 Jun  2 07:14 /usr/share/fonts/100dpi/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  3066 Apr 11 08:16 /usr/share/fonts/75dpi/fonts.alias
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 17280 Jun  2 07:15 /usr/share/fonts/75dpi/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  2000 Jun  2 07:12 /usr/share/fonts/OTF/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1689 Jun  2 07:14 /usr/share/fonts/Speedo/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10298 Jun  2 07:10 /usr/share/fonts/TTF/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 13319 Jun  2 07:15 /usr/share/fonts/Type1/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 44001 Apr 11 08:07 /usr/share/fonts/corefonts/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 21736 Apr 10 17:51 /usr/share/fonts/croscorefonts/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  3234 Apr 11 08:16 /usr/share/fonts/cyrillic/fonts.alias
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  6005 Jun  2 07:15 /usr/share/fonts/cyrillic/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 43905 Apr 10 17:51 /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 26289 Apr 11 08:07 /usr/share/fonts/liberation-fonts/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 16664 Apr 11 08:08 /usr/share/fonts/libertine/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  6209 Apr 11 08:16 /usr/share/fonts/misc/fonts.alias
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  6721 Jun  2 07:15 /usr/share/fonts/misc/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31892 Apr 11 08:07 /usr/share/fonts/roboto/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  5053 Apr 11 08:08 /usr/share/fonts/ttf-bitstream-vera/fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 43334 Apr 10 17:51 /usr/share/fonts/urw-fonts/fonts.dir

-devsk

On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 9:13 AM, Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> wrote:
On  Di 02 Jun 2015 17:49:24 CEST, devsk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As per suggestion I built the code from  
> https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs. And I still run into the  
> same issue.
>
> Does anybody here know that part of the code (snippet in the report)?

Please take a look at [1] and make sure either of those paths exists  
on your system.

You need the fixed fonts in the misc/ fontdir.

Is everything in place there?

Mike

[1]  
https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/blob/3.6.x/nx-X11/programs/Xserver/hw/nxagent/Font.c#L64
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb