Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] nxagent aborts session with 'Could not open default font 'fixed''

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2015 12:05:39 +0000

Hi Devsk,

On  Fr 04 Sep 2015 04:06:55 CEST, devsk wrote:

> Yes, I am talking about Gentoo specific packaging issue. I have filed
>
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=559370
>
> to track it down. As I mentioned, the specific files being talked  
> about are the font files in /usr/share/fonts/misc  
> (/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc on Ubuntu) which are character encodings  
> specific e.g. 9x15-ISO8859-*.pcf.gz. nxagent can not load a fixed  
> size font '9x15' without the presence of these files. It looks like  
> these are abandoned by modern X code because both Xorg and Xvnc work  
> fine without these files.
>
> -devsk

Thanks for explaining the above. However, I think that we should get  
this issue also solved upstream as most systems work on UTF-8 basis  
and the more local encodings are rather historical than  
current-state-of-the-art.

Let's leave this bug open and address it for 3.6.x of nx-libs instead  
of dealing with it as a Gentoo specific bug.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb