Subject: Bug#883: [X2Go-Dev] Can be fixed by reverting winmultiwindow.patch

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 01:13:28 +0200

Some progress happened in private and I should have been updating this bug
report a while ago.

It seems we dropped #883 from the conversation list a while ago accidentally.

Alex has committed a few changes in
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commit;h=58c2db08167d490797f3160d12274761f23bfaa8
that were subsequently fixed up by
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commit;h=d220069e8f721b2d462145cbb9cf6fe1c9ec4a47
and
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commit;h=465b0309db391a0ae4dd2b87201da1fdca458712

These basically start VcXsrv with -nodecoration instead of -multiwindow when a
"fake" fullscreen session on one display is requested (i.e., when the window is
not rootless and "use whole display" was set in session settings.)

Mike#2 has tested the changes and came up with these results:
http://imgur.com/tmYhffj,L7778NZ,kdege2q,slDcGSa#0

Screenshots 3 and 4 only relate to Cygwin's XWin server.

Testing looked good, but another issue resurfaced:

> I did discover another issue/limitation though. It happens when we
> start a "Use Whole Display" session and the X.org server settings are
> set to "use custom X-Server" but with "start X-Server on X2Go Client
> start" disabled. The X server specified in that GUI is launched, but
> with the options determined by X2Go Client rather than the options
> specified by the user in the GUI. In fact, we need to add a widget and
> setting for "Use whole display":
> http://imgur.com/KpYE64y

Thus, there's one more change required within the client's global settings
regarding the usage of an external X server.

At the same time, I'd suggest removing the "start X-Server on X2Go Client start"
option completely, because the different session types require differently
started X server instances.

Mihai