Subject: Bug#883: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#883: Bug#883: Can be fixed by reverting winmultiwindow.patch

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 04:04:43 +0200

On 23.06.2015 09:22 PM, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:
> I'll look on it on Thursday-Monday,

I've had a look myself and played around with it, assisted by Mike#2.

I don't see any benefit in applying this patch and suggest dropping it.

As far as I've gathered, it's supposed to create a "fake" fullscreen window by
removing the borders and title bar IFF the window extents are greater or equal
the monitor's size, with "monitor" being the monitor that holds most of the
window's contents.

It doesn't make sense to do something like this in multiwindow mode. It *does*
make sense to do something like this in fullscreen mode, but the patch targets
multiwindow mode.

For this mode, it's plain wrong and only causing trouble. You can't fix it
either, because you're missing a crucial bit of information: when *do* you want
to have a "fake" fullscreen window?

Why did you write the original patch exactly? What was the use case that this
patch fixed?

Mihai