Subject: Bug#883: Window Decorations gone when resuming on smaller screen

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 21:38:40 +0200

package: x2goclient

I'm assigning this to x2goclient, as this is where I'm noticing the
issue.  Feel free to reassign to nx-libs or vcxsrv in case the root
cause is in one of these.

Situation:

Start x2goclient.exe on a Windows machine that has a native screen
resolution of, say, 1024x768.

In X2GoClient, configure a PubApp session.

Run Firefox/Iceweasel and resize the application window so it almost
fills the entire screen (do *not* maximize).

Close Firefox/Iceweasel.  Open it again to verify that the window has
the same size as before.  Close it again.

Terminate or suspend the session.  Close X2GoClient.

Now, change the screen resolution to 800x600.
Start x2goclient.exe again, resume your session, or start a new
session and run Firefox/Iceweasel again.

Expected result:
Firefox/Iceweasel window gets resized to maximum available space, with
window decorations.

Actual result:
Firefox/Iceweasel goes fullscreen and lacks window decorations, so it
cannot be resized or moved out of the way.

This does not happen on Linux, where the native X server is used, nor
on OS X, even though OS X uses a separate X Server.

It only occurs on Windows.

It might have to do with the X server we ship, however, trying
XWin.exe from Cygwin gave even worse results.

I'm kind of stumped as to what the reason is and would love to assist
the Devs in debugging and testing.

- -Stefan

- -- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243