Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#882: problem solved - missing binary in PATH

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 17:02:14 +0000

Hi,

On  Do 28 Mai 2015 17:09:06 CEST, Florian Wicke - Hetzner Online AG wrote:

> thanks to Ionic we found the problem - ubuntu and debian jessie moved
> the scdaemon-binary from /usr/bin/scdaemon to /usr/lib/gnupg2/scdaemon
> and because that path is not in the PATH of the user x2goclient was
> unable to run the scdaemon at startup.
>
> Adding the path to PATH or symlinking the binary to a PATH folder will
> result in the expected behaviour

This issue should not be closed, because the smartcard code in X2Go  
should handle both variants (scdaemon in $PATH or at a non-$PATH  
location) gracefully.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb