Subject: problem solved - missing binary in PATH

From: Florian Wicke - Hetzner Online AG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 17:09:06 +0200

Hello,

thanks to Ionic we found the problem - ubuntu and debian jessie moved
the scdaemon-binary from /usr/bin/scdaemon to /usr/lib/gnupg2/scdaemon
and because that path is not in the PATH of the user x2goclient was
unable to run the scdaemon at startup.

Adding the path to PATH or symlinking the binary to a PATH folder will
result in the expected behaviour

Kind regards

 Florian Wicke

Hetzner Online AG
Industriestr. 25
91710 Gunzenhausen / Germany
Tel: +49 9831 505-187
Fax: +49 9831 505-387
[email-masked]
www.hetzner.com

Register Court: Registergericht Ansbach, HRB 3204
Management Board: Dipl. Ing. (FH) Martin Hetzner
Chairwoman of the Supervisory Board: Diana Rothhan

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 17:02:14 +0000

Hi,

> result in the expected behaviour

This issue should not be closed, because the smartcard code in X2Go  
should handle both variants (scdaemon in $PATH or at a non-$PATH  
location) gracefully.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 03:22:38 +0200

> should handle both variants (scdaemon in $PATH or at a non-$PATH  

We (Florian and me) both agree. I'm currently working on a proper fix in X2Go
Client, but he's happy to workaround the issue for now and left the "real fix"
to me.

Mihai