Subject: Fwd: Backslashes incorrectly escaped by desktopsharing

From: Diego Costantini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 13:06:16 +0200

Package: x2godesktopsharing
Version: 3.1.1.2-0~170~ubuntu14.04.1
On Mint 17.1 64-bit

dpkg -l |grep x2go
ii  python-ecdsa
0.11-1~bpo70+1~0x2go~ubuntu14.04.1                  all          ECDSA
cryptographic signature library (Python 2)
ii  python-paramiko
1.15.1-1~0x2go1~ubuntu14.04.1                       all          Make ssh
v2 connections with Python (Python 2)
ii  x2goagent
2:3.5.0.31-0~605~ubuntu14.04.1                      all          X2Go agent
ii  x2godesktopsharing
3.1.1.2-0~170~ubuntu14.04.1                         amd64        Share X11
desktops with other users via X2Go
ii  x2gomatebindings
0.0.1.3-0~160~ubuntu14.04.1                         amd64        X2Go MATE
bindings and MIME types
ii  x2goserver
4.0.1.19-0~1064~ubuntu14.04.1                       amd64        X2Go
server daemon scripts
ii  x2goserver-extensions
4.0.1.19-0~1064~ubuntu14.04.1                       all          X2Go
server daemon scripts (extensions)
ii  x2goserver-xsession
4.0.1.19-0~1064~ubuntu14.04.1                       all          X2Go
server daemon scripts (Xsession runner)

X2GoClient: 4.0.3.1 on Windows 7 64-bit

I am using my domain account to remotely connect to my desktop (MATE or
Cinnamon), and I can do it successfully only if I try with a local user,
without backslashes.
Otherwise on Windows client I get "access denied from user", which is
supposed to be fixed on my x2go installed version (according to
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=704#45).

Clearly, from the logs at the bottom (server syslog), you can see that the
user connects correctly from the client, but then it parses incorrectly and
uses the wrong domain+name.
May 26 10:34:11 machineName /usr/bin/x2gostartagent: user
,,domain\username'' requests desktop sharing from user ,,domainusername''
for desktop ,,:0''
May 26 10:34:11 machineName /usr/bin/x2gostartagent: ERROR: user
domainusername denied desktop sharing session
May 26 10:34:11 machineName /usr/bin/x2gostartagent: ERROR: reason: for
desktop sharing denial the user ,,domainusername'' does not seem to have
desktop sharing activated

If I try to use domain\\username, which is a workaround on some SW, I get
the wrong username error.

Any more info needed?

Regards,

Diego