Subject: Bug#879: Info received and FILED only (Closing/Archiving)

From: "X2Go Bug Tracking System" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 22:00:07 +0000

Thank you for the additional information you have supplied regarding
this Bug report.

This is an automatically generated reply to let you know your message
has been received.

Your message has not been forwarded to the package maintainers or
other interested parties; you should ensure that the developers are
aware of the problem you have entered into the system - preferably
quoting the Bug reference number, #879.

If you wish to submit further information on this problem, please
send it to [email-masked].

Please do not send mail to [email-masked] unless you wish
to report a problem with the Bug-tracking system.

-- 
879: https://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=879
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 22:00:07 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the nx-libs package:

#879: CVE backports incomplete or wrong

It has been closed by Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Stefan Baur <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

Subject: Closing/Archiving
From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 22:58:45 +0100

Control: close -1
Control: archive -1

This bug has long since been moved to the Arctica Project Github issue 
tracker.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur
-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243

Subject: Re: CVE backports incomplete or wrong
From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 08:43:37 +0200

Package: nx-libs

Recently a lot of CVE fixes have been added to nx-libs.

E.g.
debian/patches/1027-render-check-request-size-before-reading-it-CVE.full.patch
and
debian/patches/1028-render-unvalidated-lengths-in-Render-extn.-swap.full.patch
add missing checks to nx-X11/programs/Xserver/render/render.c.

However, there's a file called
nx-X11/programs/Xserver/hw/nxagent/NXrender.c which is derived from
render.c and in that file those checks are missing, too.

(I suspect the original render/render.c is not used at all in favour
of hw/nxagent/NXrender.c but I am not 100% sure here.)

If render.c is used a all (I am not sure) the patches should be
extended to also fix NXrender.c.
If render.c is not used it should be removed and the patches should be
applied to NXrender.c instead.

There might be more cases like this, I only picked this one as an example.