Subject: Bug#873: suggestion for how to handle Xinerama from NX 3.6.x in X2Go

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 19:44:51 +0000

Hi Mihai, hi Alex,

the new RandR based Xinerama is about to be merged to the nx-libs  
3.6.x branch. Here are some ideas how to make the feature addressable  
in X2Go.

1.
X2Go Client can server-side query x2gofeaturelist, it outputs the  
string X2GOAGENT_RANDRXINERAMA. If that string is in x2gofeaturelist,  
then the new Xinerama code is present in x2goagent/nxagent.

2.
We are about to add a xinerama={0,1} NX option for the NX options file  
(Ulrich is probably reviewing right now...). This should be used  
through NX proxy (I guess) for setting up Xinerama in X2Go Agent. It  
works on session startup and session resumption.

3.
One can disable Xinerama completely via cmdline switch for x2goagent:  
-disablexineramaextension.

My suggestion is:

   o you keep the xinerama.conf file with X2GOAGENT_RANDRXINERAMA,
     but put "enabled" or "disabled" into it
   o the "enabled" switch is rather for human beings, because the real
     enabling takes place via NX options
   o if "disabled" is set, then x2gostartagent should notice that
     and add -disablexineramaextension

Also, -disablexineramaextension should be added (commented out, of  
course, thus for reference) to /etc/x2go/x2goagent.options.

So far from Uli's and Mike's Xinerama hacking frontier...

Greets,
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb