Subject: Bug#873: suggestion for how to handle Xinerama from NX 3.6.x in X2Go

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 19:44:51 +0000

Hi Mihai, hi Alex,

the new RandR based Xinerama is about to be merged to the nx-libs  
3.6.x branch. Here are some ideas how to make the feature addressable  
in X2Go.

1.
X2Go Client can server-side query x2gofeaturelist, it outputs the  
string X2GOAGENT_RANDRXINERAMA. If that string is in x2gofeaturelist,  
then the new Xinerama code is present in x2goagent/nxagent.

2.
We are about to add a xinerama={0,1} NX option for the NX options file  
(Ulrich is probably reviewing right now...). This should be used  
through NX proxy (I guess) for setting up Xinerama in X2Go Agent. It  
works on session startup and session resumption.

3.
One can disable Xinerama completely via cmdline switch for x2goagent:  
-disablexineramaextension.

My suggestion is:

   o you keep the xinerama.conf file with X2GOAGENT_RANDRXINERAMA,
     but put "enabled" or "disabled" into it
   o the "enabled" switch is rather for human beings, because the real
     enabling takes place via NX options
   o if "disabled" is set, then x2gostartagent should notice that
     and add -disablexineramaextension

Also, -disablexineramaextension should be added (commented out, of  
course, thus for reference) to /etc/x2go/x2goagent.options.

So far from Uli's and Mike's Xinerama hacking frontier...

Greets,
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 06:33:29 +0200

In order to disable XINERAMA, we can either:

  - pass xinerama=0 as an nx/nx option
  - pass -xinerama AND -rrxinerama to x2goagent/nxagent as a normal option

Merely passing -rrxinerama will only disable the Randr-XINERAMA part, but the
PanoramiX-XINERAMA implementation will stay enabled.

Also see
https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/blob/3.6.x/nx-X11/programs/Xserver/hw/nxagent/man/nxagent.1
for more information.

Older nxagent versions do not support the xinerama nx/nx option or the
-rrxinerama switch.

Mihai

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 20:35:00 +0000

Control: close -1

> Older nxagent versions do not support the xinerama nx/nx option or the

Fixed in X2Go Server since commit 7e0dce4aaf71b03db72c3dd21ff158ce3460532d.

Thus, closing...

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 20:40:08 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the x2goserver package:

#873: Drop Xinerama / LD_LIBRARY_PATH related code from x2goruncommand for nxagent >= 3.5.99.0

It has been closed by Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
873: http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=873
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#873: suggestion for how to handle Xinerama from NX 3.6.x in X2Go
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 20:35:00 +0000

Control: close -1

Thus, closing...

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

Subject: Drop Xinerama / LD_LIBRARY_PATH related code from x2goruncommand for nxagent >= 3.5.99.0
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 12:03:28 +0000

Package: x2goserver
Severity: normal
Version: 4.1.0.0-preview

As the Xinerama magic will be soon moved from libNX_Xinerama.so into  
the programs/Xserver/hw/nxagent code, all Xinerama specifc stuff in  
x2goruncommand becomes obsolete if nxagent >= 3.5.99.0 is used  
server-side.

The nxagent >= 3.5.99.0 will be able to handle Xinerama stuff all by  
itself. No external xinerama.conf is required, applications running  
server-side can use the X.Org client libraries, no hack for injecting  
libNX_X11, libNX_Xext and libNX_Xinerama into the library path is  
needed anymore. In fact, the libNX_Xinerama library will be dropped  
completely in nx-libs >= 3.5.99.0 (aka 3.6.x).

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy: