Subject: Bug#872: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#872: Bug#872: Bug#872: Turn xinerama.conf file related code inside X2Go Client into legacy code (for NX agents << 3.6)

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 10:50:20 +0200

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Oleksandr Shneyder
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Imagine that you have agent window in the middle of two screens. Window
> size is 1024x768. You current displays configuration in that case is:
> left-512x768, right-512x768. Imagine, that you moved your window 100 px
> left. Now your displays configuration is: left-612x768, right-412x768.
> But from the view of x2goagent nothing is changed, agent has no idea
> about the display geometry on the client side. This is why client
> updating xinerama.conf and resizing a window to apply new settings. I
> hope it's understandable.

Yes, it is understandable. But this only relevant for xinerama
information. And that information is coming from the config file
(which is correctly updated in this case by x2goclient). So I still do
not see why x2goagent needs to be triggered in any way. If a software
needs to know the xinerama setup it issues a XineramaQueryScreens()
request. This is intercepted by the libNX_xinerama.so and answered
with the information from the config file. The x2goagent does not even
see this request and thus does noot need to be updated. The only
problem that your code solves might be the window manager in the
session that caches xinerama information.

Do you have a use case that does not work without the resize?

Uli