Subject: Bug#872: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#872: Bug#872: Turn xinerama.conf file related code inside X2Go Client into legacy code (for NX agents << 3.6)

From: Oleksandr Shneyder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 10:09:54 +0200

Imagine that you have agent window in the middle of two screens. Window
size is 1024x768. You current displays configuration in that case is:
left-512x768, right-512x768. Imagine, that you moved your window 100 px
left. Now your displays configuration is: left-612x768, right-412x768.
But from the view of x2goagent nothing is changed, agent has no idea
about the display geometry on the client side. This is why client
updating xinerama.conf and resizing a window to apply new settings. I
hope it's understandable.

regards,
Alex

Am 18.05.2015 um 21:01 schrieb Ulrich Sibiller:
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Oleksandr Shneyder
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> yes, if you moving window between two physical displays, without
>> resizing it, x2goagent doesn't know, that display configuration is
>> changed, because geometry of the x2goagent stays same. So I resized a
>> window to refresh a display configurations.
> 
> Why does nxagent/x2goagent need know about that? In the current
> solution with xinerama.conf I don't see why x2goagent should be
> informed in this case. And if it really needs to know, this patch
> _should_ help (I have not tested this patch alone):
> 
> https://github.com/uli42/nx-libs/commit/61018cd39d02fbda1f2f766d8320c53866fa55d3
> 
> Uli
> 

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------
Oleksandr Shneyder        | Email: [email-masked]
phoca GmbH                | Tel. : 0911 - 14870374 0
Ludwig-Feuerbach-str. 18  | Fax. : 0911 - 14870374 9
D-90489 Nürnberg          | Mobil: 0163 - 49 64 461

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl.-Inf. Oleksandr Shneyder

Amtsgericht München | http://www.phoca-gmbh.de
HRB 196 658         | http://www.x2go.org
USt-IdNr.: DE281977973
-----------------------------------------------------------