Subject: Bug#869: Audio doesn't work when using Kerberos 5 (GSSAPI) authentication

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 07:12:54 -0400

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.4.0
Severity: normal

Client OS: Windows 10 64-bit Build 10074
x2goclient version: 4.0.4.0-2015.05.10-c4d21f3 (nightly build)
Server OS: Fedora 21 64-bit with almost all available updates applied
x2goserver version: 4.0.1.19-3.fc21 (from Fedora)
x2goserver-xsession version: 4.0.1.19-3.fc21 (from Fedora)

When I connect to my server using Kerberos 5 (GSSAPI) authentication
rather than password authentication, PulseAudio audio does not work.
I do have enabled "Use SSH port forwarding to tunnel sound system
connections through firewalls"

For example, "PulseAudio Volume Control" (launched from the "Sound &
Video" app menu) displays this string indefinitely:
Establishing connection to PulseAudio. Please wait...

Upon further investigation, it appears that the cookie on the client
is not the same as the cookie on the server. This is causing the
PulseAudio log on the X2Go Client to produce numerous authenitcation
errors like this:
I: [(null)] pulsecore/client.c: Created 60 "Native client (TCP/IP
client from [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1]:28233)"
D: [(null)] pulsecore/protocol-native.c: Protocol version: remote 30, local 30
W: [(null)] pulsecore/protocol-native.c: Denied access to client with
invalid authentication data.
I: [(null)] pulsecore/client.c: Freed 60 "Native client (TCP/IP client
from [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1]:28233)"
I: [(null)] pulsecore/protocol-native.c: Connection died.