Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#864: Port X2Go Client to Qt5

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 08:50:41 +0000

Control: severity -1 grave

Hi Stefan, Mihai, Alex,

On  Mo 10 Apr 2017 12:09:23 CEST, Laurent Bonnaud wrote:

> Hi,
>
> any update about this bug?
>
> x2goclient is one a the few packages that prevent me from purging  
> Qt4 from my systems.

I raise severity of the Qt5 porting issue of X2Go Client. Qt4 has  
become really really unmaintained now and I will refuse X2Go Client  
shipping in Debian 10, if it has not been ported to Qt5 entirely.

It may well be that Qt4 won't make it into the Debian 10 release cycle  
anyway... There is still plenty of time (+/- 2.5 yrs...), but time is  
rushing, you know...

Speaking with my Debian-Developer-and-X2Go-Maintainer-in-Debian hat  
on, this is.
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de