Subject: Bug#864: Port X2Go Client to Qt5

From: Laurent Bonnaud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 12:09:23 +0200

Hi,

any update about this bug?

x2goclient is one a the few packages that prevent me from purging Qt4 from my systems.

-- 
Laurent.

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 08:50:41 +0000

Control: severity -1 grave

Hi Stefan, Mihai, Alex,

> x2goclient is one a the few packages that prevent me from purging  

I raise severity of the Qt5 porting issue of X2Go Client. Qt4 has  
become really really unmaintained now and I will refuse X2Go Client  
shipping in Debian 10, if it has not been ported to Qt5 entirely.

It may well be that Qt4 won't make it into the Debian 10 release cycle  
anyway... There is still plenty of time (+/- 2.5 yrs...), but time is  
rushing, you know...

Speaking with my Debian-Developer-and-X2Go-Maintainer-in-Debian hat  
on, this is.
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 11:33:42 +0200

Hi everyone,

I know someone who would probably be able to do it from a technical
point of view, but so far, I haven't been able to motivate him to
volunteer for us.

IOW -> ETASKNEEDSMONEY

How about all of us start poking our commercial X2GoClient users?
If we distribute the costs among all of them, costs per individual
should be easily bearable.

-Stefan

Am 28.06.2017 um 10:50 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> I raise severity of the Qt5 porting issue of X2Go Client. Qt4 has become
> really really unmaintained now and I will refuse X2Go Client shipping in
> Debian 10, if it has not been ported to Qt5 entirely.
> 
> Speaking with my Debian-Developer-and-X2Go-Maintainer-in-Debian hat on,
> this is.
> Mike
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> x2go-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev
> 

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 11:59:37 +0200

> should be easily bearable.

How about adding an alert on the x2go landing page, asking for
volunteers and/or funding? (I don't have commercial X2GoClient
users...)

Uli