Subject: Bug#861: No Sound in TCE-RDP-directConnect

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:13:11 +0200

package: x2gothinclient
version: 1.1.0.2

Hi,

when starting x2goclient in thinclient mode, pulseaudio gets started
in the background. This blocks remote audio when using the
RDP-DirectConnect feature of x2goclient.

When you do this:

/etc/init.d/x2gothinclient stop
X &
export DISPLAY=:0
ln -s /etc/x2go/x2gothinclient_sessions ~/.x2goclient/sessions
x2goclient --thinclient

sound in an RDP-DirectConnect session works.
So the Pulseaudio start takes place somewhere else - x2gothinclientd
maybe? - and needs to be stopped for RDP-DirectConnect, as it blocks
the audio device.

How that can be accomplished, without killing sound support for
regular X2Go sessions, I don't know.

Who was the one that originally asked for the RDP-DirectConnect
feature?  How do they handle sound, or do they not need it?

- -Stefan

- -- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243