Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#852: Bug confirmed in client 4.2.1.0

From: Mike DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 23:56:30 -0400

Tags: build-win32

On 06/22/2018 11:30 PM, Peter Hendricks wrote:
> This bug is still present in the latest version. Is there any chance
> that this over 3 year old bug will get looked at in the near future?
> 
> Regards,
> Peter.

I understand your situation.

As the volunteer X2Go Client for Windows maintainer, I have been very
busy putting in overtime at work over the last few years, so I have not
fixed as many bugs as I used to.

Right now I am focusing my efforts on 3rd party security updates (high
priority) and reviewing patches (low effort for possibly high reward)
given the limited time I have, rather than investigating and fixing
issues all by myself.

I can tell you that I rarely use desktop sharing. It's not the primary
use case for most X2Go users, or FreeNX. It was never as mature as
regular sessions. Even for VNC servers & Microsoft RDC, their
"pixel-scraping" performance for desktop sharing is worse than it is for
regular "virtual" sessions.

-Mike