Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#845: Intentional forced language?

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:15:59 +0200

Am 20.04.2015 um 14:42 schrieb Jaakko Haavisto:
> That's sad that it's intentional, because for example if you move 
> to work in different country and you are still using windows with 
> your own language, then reinstalling to newest x2go changes that 
> language to something you don't handle.

No, (re)installing/updating X2Go has nothing to do with that.  Even an
already installed version will change its display language once you
change the Region and Language Settings.

> Why can't x2go check the language of the windows operating system 
> and use the same language?

It checks the *Region and Language Settings*, because that is how
programs are supposed to select their display language on Windows.
At least according to the spec our developers followed.
If you can point to a technet resource or similarly authoritative
Microsoft site that says another behavior should be the default,
please do.

> In most cases (always) users buy their windows OS with language 
> that they know and want that every program is with that same 
> language.

So set the regional settings accordingly and you are good to go, I
don't see where your problem is?

Also, the bug I referred you to contained a workaround, why aren't you
using that?

I'm a bit irritated that you're picking on X2GoClient for behaving as
expected from Windows applications, also, you should see the same
behavior with *every* application (as long as it follows Microsoft's
spec) you install on your machine, not only X2goClient.

- -Stefan