Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#842: Wrong colors in X2GoClient on Raspberry Pi

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 14:53:47 +0200

Am 10.04.2015 um 11:51 schrieb Stefan Baur:

> This may be related to a color depth setting somewhere? IDK. Would love
> to hear other people's ideas and opinions as to how to find out what's
> going wrong.
> A sample system where we can try out things is available, it has been
> donated to the project by the Niuco company.

I just checked the color depth of the X2Go session on the Pi by running
x2golistsessions:
12596|x2go-gast01-50-1428670060_stDLXDE_dp16|50|x2gotcsrv|R|2015-04-10T14:47:40|862605e06e24b10f9a7c3ec25dd4846b|192.168.133.10|30001|30002|2015-04-10T14:47:41|x2go-gast01|62|30003|

So it seems we're running in 16-bit color mode on this particular Pi.

On the Pi itself, the kernel parameters were:
dma.dmachans=0x7f35 bcm2708_fb.fbwidth=1824 bcm2708_fb.fbheight=984
bcm2708.boardrev=0xe bcm2708.serial=0xe6ae45f7
smsc95xx.macaddr=B8:27:EB:AE:45:F7 bcm2708_fb.fbswap=1
sdhci-bcm2708.emmc_clock_freq=250000000 vc_mem.mem_base=0x1ec00000
vc_mem.mem_size=0x20000000  dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200
kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 elevator=deadline root=/dev/mmcblk0p2
rootfstype=ext4 rootwait

So while I see parameters for framebuffer height and width, I can't see
anything specifying the color depth.

Is there any place where I can force it to use 24/32-Bit color?

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243