Subject: Bug#842: Wrong colors in X2GoClient on Raspberry Pi

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 11:51:29 +0200

package: x2goclient
version: 4.0.3.2-0x2go1

Hi,

When starting X2GoClient in fullscreen mode on a Raspberry Pi (running
Raspbian 7.8), the X2GO logo that appears on the black startup screen is
shown in green rather than in the usual grey.

Also, when running LibreOffice Impress, things look OK while composing a
presentation, but switching to presentation mode, the colors are wrong
again.

This may be related to a color depth setting somewhere? IDK. Would love
to hear other people's ideas and opinions as to how to find out what's
going wrong.
A sample system where we can try out things is available, it has been
donated to the project by the Niuco company.

-Stefan

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 14:53:47 +0200

> donated to the project by the Niuco company.

I just checked the color depth of the X2Go session on the Pi by running
x2golistsessions:
12596|x2go-gast01-50-1428670060_stDLXDE_dp16|50|x2gotcsrv|R|2015-04-10T14:47:40|862605e06e24b10f9a7c3ec25dd4846b|192.168.133.10|30001|30002|2015-04-10T14:47:41|x2go-gast01|62|30003|

So it seems we're running in 16-bit color mode on this particular Pi.

On the Pi itself, the kernel parameters were:
dma.dmachans=0x7f35 bcm2708_fb.fbwidth=1824 bcm2708_fb.fbheight=984
bcm2708.boardrev=0xe bcm2708.serial=0xe6ae45f7
smsc95xx.macaddr=B8:27:EB:AE:45:F7 bcm2708_fb.fbswap=1
sdhci-bcm2708.emmc_clock_freq=250000000 vc_mem.mem_base=0x1ec00000
vc_mem.mem_size=0x20000000  dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200
kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 elevator=deadline root=/dev/mmcblk0p2
rootfstype=ext4 rootwait

So while I see parameters for framebuffer height and width, I can't see
anything specifying the color depth.

Is there any place where I can force it to use 24/32-Bit color?

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243