Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#84: Hardcoded -O3 in CFLAGS

From: Bernard Cafarelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 01:00:11 +0100

Le Tue, 8 Jan 2013 17:07:12 +0100 (CET)
Jan Engelhardt <[email-masked]> a écrit:
> Why would autoreconf be rerun if you use ./configure CFLAGS=-O2 
> CXXFLAGS=-O2?

I meant, without first removing the "-O3" from configure.in (before
autoreconf)

With current configure.in, setting CXXFLAGS to "-O2" will give this:
nxcomp $ autoreconf && ./configure && make
[...]
g++ -c -O2 -O3 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -I../nx-X11/exports/include
-Wmissing-declarations -fPIC -DIN_ADDR_T=in_addr_t -DVERSION=\"3.5.0\"
-DPACKAGE_NAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"\"
-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -Wall
-Wpointer-arith   EncodeBuffer.cpp

Editing CXXFLAGS to "$CXXFLAGS -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions" will use
user-defined optimization level 2

If hardcoded "-O3" is required, some test could be added to set "-O3"
if CXXFLAGS is unset, then appending the rtti/exceptions flags