Subject: handle autologin failures via broker gracefully

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 04:24:48 +0000

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.4.0
Severity: minor

With brokerage enabled, the broker can mediate an autologin mechanism  
from X2Go Client to a given (brokeraged) server.

The mechanism is this:

   o broker deploys a public key in ~/.x2go/authorized_keys on
     X2Go Server
   o X2Go Client receives the corresponding private key
   o (the above is already flawed, no private keys should be sent
     over networks, I will file another bug for that)
   o in SSHd, the ~/.x2go/authorized_keys must be configured as
     potential place for authorized_keys file

If the last step is forgotten, SSH authentication with X2Go Client  
against the X2Go Server fails.

If that fails, my expectation would be a fall-back to username /  
password authentication.

But what happens, is: X2Go Client "gets stuck" in the session startup  
procedure (it's not a real freeze), it does not return to the login  
dialog widget anymore. Options remaining: closing X2Go Client and  
reopening.

I stumbled over this because of a configuration in SSH daemon on one  
of my test boxes.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb