Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#830: QAction::eventFilter: Ambiguous shortcut overload: Ctrl+Q

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 17:42:36 +0100

On 28.03.2015 02:10 PM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> On  Do 26 Mär 2015 16:35:08 CET, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
>> You do, and you should! This is why I fixed this in
>> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commitdiff;h=52040031502662dfff00f4b0fbbccebf66367f6a
>>
>>
>> Tagging as pending.
>
> it is good to mark the bug as fixed in the changelog file in a case
> like this.
>
> I have just done that.

I haven't because I try to view debian/changelog as read-only history
and - whenever possible - make no changes or only cosmetic changes.
Especially when a bug is reported after a fix has been published, I
would have manually tagged the bug report as pending. Once the new
version of the specific component is released, I would also have
manually closed the affected bug number.

But I guess "rewriting a bit of history" is fine in this case,
especially since it makes sure the closure is not forgotten.

Mihai